Anyone done the Chocolate Seaside Workshop Excursion?

SRQMom

Any reviews/advise on the Chocolate Seaside Workshop/Wine Pairing Excursion off the Celebrity Silhoutte in Cozumel? Wanting to do something different with my wife than the standard snorkel/land tour. Sounds interesting. Reviews would be greatly welcome.

We just did the excursion a few weeks ago. It's a 10 minute ride to the workshop which is in a room over looking the beach. The tables in the room are arranged in a U pattern. The instructor was a pleasant young Mexican lady. She explains the history of chocolate and you then start the process of making your own chocolate bar. (first you each get a small chocolate martini) After making the candy bar they put them in a refrigerator. You then go thru a series of taste testing different types of chocolate. First without wine and then paired with wine. It was a enjoyable experience and worth the cost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

We just did the excursion a few weeks ago. It's a 10 minute ride to the workshop which is in a room over looking the beach. The tables in the room are arranged in a U pattern. The instructor was a pleasant young Mexican lady. She explains the history of chocolate and you then start the process of making your own chocolate bar. (first you each get a small chocolate martini) After making the candy bar they put them in a refrigerator. You then go thru a series of taste testing different types of chocolate. First without wine and then paired with wine. It was a enjoyable experience and worth the cost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk[/quote

Did you do this thru the ship or on your own ?

We did it through the ship.... maybe 20 of us...they put us in taxis to go there. Afterwards, one could be taxied back to the pier or to town. We chose to go to town and were given a taxi voucher for that.

Most morning sessions are booked up by the cruiselines, so ship trip may be best, since you would have to taxi there anyway.

Nice session, something fun and different, and a chance to learn a bit about the culture hands on. Still plenty of time in port for food, drink, shopping, or even a few hours at the beach.

• 3 months later...
Do you remember how long it was and the cost? I couldn't find anything on Celebrity's website.

It was listed as 2 hours 45 minutes and that was about right. Cost was around $50 per person.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

We did that same Chocolate making in December thru the ship and it was great! Bought several unique chocolate bars in shops near the pier and have been gently eating them back at home. We highly recommend this!!

We also did the Tequila Tasting - through the ship - and learned sooooo much about Tequila!! Next time we go to Cozumel we plan on doing it again. It's very, very informational, not a drunken spree like some of the ones posted on YouTube!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

oneputt18...thank you, again. :DWe are doing a B2B cruise on the Equinox March 2018. The Western Caribbean is the first leg of the cruise so we will be doing this excursion while in Cozumel. Something totally different than what we've ever done before.