Live blogging Silhouette March 26, 2017 cruise

mnolan770

I'm going to try to live blog this cruise. Hoping I can keep it up. So be sure to ask questions to keep me engaged.

It's Saturday night before the cruise departure. I'm sitting on the sofa in the living room of our Atlanta home. I need to start packing. My wife just ran out to the store looking for that perfect pair of black pumps.

Background: We're a late 40s couple that has cruised with Celebrity several times. Our last cruise was about three years ago. We put off cruising due to a move from Atlanta to Denver. Then we had a wonderful child and decided to move back to Atlanta. He's 14 months old now, so we decided it was time for a vacation. Our little guy is not traveling with us on this cruise. We just arrived home from my sister's home in north Alabama where he will spend the week. We're looking forward to a week with just the two of us although we will miss our little guy.

During this cruise, we're celebrating my wife's 49 birthday and our 18th wedding anniversary. The birthday just passed last week and the anniversary two weeks ago.

Now, to the cruise. We're leaving at 6:30 in the morning with an arrival in Fort Lauderdale at 8:30. Planning to take Uber to the cruise port and sit for a bit before they start boarding.

We're booked in an aft cabin just below the Sunset Bar. We have the "Best package". I think that's what they called it. In other words, we have the premium drink package, gratuities, wifi, and OBC.

So that's it for tonight. Gotta get started packing.

The morning is going well so far. Up at 3:45 am to catch our flight to FLL. On the plane now somewhere over Florida. Arriving in an hour.

We've cruised on the Solstice and Equinox in the past. Looking forward to checking out the few differences in the Silhouette from those two ships.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

The morning is going well so far. Up at 3:45 am to catch our flight to FLL. On the plane now somewhere over Florida. Arriving in an hour.

Are you sure that flying in the day of the cruise is the best idea if you had to get up at 3:45 am??

Enjoy your trip, we'll be following

Are you sure that flying in the day of the cruise is the best idea if you had to get up at 3:45 am??

Enjoy your trip, we'll be following

Would have preferred to have flown down last night, but we had a full day yesterday getting out son setup for his week. Advantage of flying down this morning is light traffic in Atlanta and at the airport. That said though, this plane is completely full. A lot of people headed to the cruise port.

Uber fail at the airport. The driver that picked up the ride was at port and didn't want to come to the airport. So I cancelled and sent the request again. Same driver. Same issue. Cancelled again and resent. Yep, you guessed it. Same driver. Cancelled before he called me and grabbed a cab.

Got to the port a bit early. No check-in signs were out. But we figured it out and are now in line behind 20 other people.

Looking forward to the live report! My husband and I lived in Atlanta for several years, the traffic is no joke! ;p

Can't wait for the rest! Also interested in your comparison as we sailed on Solstice and Equinox. We really enjoy the Hot Glass Show on the other ships, will be interested to read your comments.

Bon Voyage! :)

Looking forward to the live report! My husband and I lived in Atlanta for several years, the traffic is no joke! ;p

Can't wait for the rest! Also interested in your comparison as we sailed on Solstice and Equinox. We really enjoy the Hot Glass Show on the other ships, will be interested to read your comments.

Bon Voyage! :)

The Silhouette has no Hot Glass Show. :(

Lawn Club Grill (pay restaurant) instead. :(

Dinner was very good in the main dining room. It wasn't over the top, but very good. I had the shrimp Louis for a starter and the prime rib for entree. My wife had the escargot for starter and the ravioli for entree. The starters were very good. The entrees were just ok. The prime rib was good but a bit fatty. The ravioli was good, but cold. We passed on dessert and came back to the room to enjoy the view and turn in early.

Have a wonderful cruise! We will be there April 9. Cannot wait!

Could you please find out if I can purchase a dining package for 3 specialty dinners on board or if I have to do it in advance of my cruise?

And, can I select the 3 restaurants as we will not choose Qsine?

Have a wonderful cruise! We will be there April 9. Cannot wait!

Could you please find out if I can purchase a dining package for 3 specialty dinners on board or if I have to do it in advance of my cruise?

And, can I select the 3 restaurants as we will not choose Qsine?

Yes, you can purchase onboard. And you can pick the restaurants.