Weather in Chili

GordonJasmine

We are booked for the March southern South America cruise and are getting worried about the weather there. We like it hot, but I'm now afraid we may be going at the wrong time. Can anyone tell me which month of the year is the warmest in southern Chili? Would February be warmer than March? Thanks so much if you can answer this question.

Marilyn

Because you say "southern" Chile, I take it that you are on a trip around the Horn from Buenos Aires.

This is a wonderful sailing, but you must realize that it is similar to sailing to Alaska in September.

Southern Chile (Patagonia) is full of wondrous sights, mountains, waterfalls, glaciers, etc.

While the weather will not be frigid, you must plan for both chilly and hot humid days.

Also I would add that, like Alaska, southern Chile isn't known for a lot of great beaches.

The cruise is for 2019. We don't really care that much for beaches - just some warmth. :) I know the scenery will be beautiful. Just hope I didn't make a mistake because of Chili's weather.

The weather in Chili New York is cold in February and March. Very pretty scenery but cold.

If you are going to the country of Chile the weather will be much warmer in February and March. Very pretty scenery too.

January in Chile is a couple degrees warmer on average than March, but if you are doing an Around-the-Horn cruise, this is not a warm weather cruise regardless of the month. While you likely will have warm/hot weather for the beginning and latter portions of the cruise, for the middle portion on average one would have highs in the 50's and lows in the 40's (Fahrenheit) with a good chance of some precipitation, wind and rough seas some of the time. This is a cruise far more about the scenery than the weather.

One thing's for sure. It will be warmer than it is in Cleveland!!! We'll just bring some warm clothes and enjoy the scenery. I so appreciate everyone's posts on this thread. I did book a cabin on the port side of the ship so it shouldn't get so much of those awful western winds I've been reading about in the fjords. And yes, I did spell Chile wrong. :D

We spent a day in Ushuaia in the middle of their summer. Flowers all in bloom and the sunny shining... and it had snowed the day before. Since it was the middle of our winter we had traveled with winter coats, hats and gloves. We used them!! If you have a balcony or plan to out on deck you will definitely need cold weather clothing.

You're going to need clothes for hot AND cold weather for this cruise!