GO BEST Question......

klfhngr

Can you upgrade to Go Best once you're on the ship? If yes, is it at a discounted rate?

Is it worth upgrading to Go Best if you only got one perk (classic drink package)? The math says yes, but is it really worth it?

The Big, Better, Best is booking choice and you can't upgrade on the ship.

You can pay $11.80 per person per day & upgrade the beverage package if that was your choice when bookingi. You can purchase a Unlimited Internet package and you will be charged the daily gratuties. No $300 OBC.

If you want to change your booking to go Best I would call asap. I tried to change to go Best on a booking I made before the Go B, B, B pricing was not allowed to make a change. You may have better luck.

I don't believe it's available on the ship. I tried to upgrade from 2 perks to 4 perks and it was cheaper to book a higher cabin category (balcony vs oceanview) than to upgrade. The rate I saw online to upgrade was different the rate customer service associate was offending me. So it might be better to pick what you want when you book.

Is it worth it all depends on what you want. I would prefer to get the drink package than worrying about a bill on the cruise. It's just a preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you upgrade to Go Best once you're on the ship? If yes, is it at a discounted rate?

Is it worth upgrading to Go Best if you only got one perk (classic drink package)? The math says yes, but is it really worth it?

My husband likes Stella so on our last cruise we both had Classic pkg that came with our purchase and he upgraded only his drink pkg to premium....my drink habits fall in the classic offering except when I wanted a vitamin water......so my hubby just got it for me....its nice that once you both have a pkg you both don't have to up grade if you don't want to

To me only worth it if you need the unlimited Internet. We had go best on our last 2 cruises. I like being connected and we used the OBC to purchase Ultimate Dining Package.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

We had it last time. But it came at a discount price through the TA. I think we paid the Better price for Best so it was a no brainer. Getting two Wifi packages vs one and being able to reserve your obc for things other than upgrading drink packages was worth it.

On our next cruise it would cost us $630 to upgrade. But the TA covered tips plus another $150 OBC in addition to the classic drinks and $300 obc from Celebrity so it makes more sense to stick with Go Better even though we will be without Wifi.

Decisions, decisions.... Doing the math, for our 10 day cruise, it comes out to about 826 to upgrade drink package, 300 in obc and gratuities.. That's w/o WiFi! Cost to upgrade is 900...

Almost sounds like a no brainer... but not sure if we'll use WiFi.. ugh!!!!!!!

Thanks to my great TA for doing the math ;) Now if I can get her to pay for it ;) jk!

Decisions, decisions.... Doing the math, for our 10 day cruise, it comes out to about 826 to upgrade drink package, 300 in obc and gratuities.. That's w/o WiFi! Cost to upgrade is 900...

Almost sounds like a no brainer... but not sure if we'll use WiFi.. ugh!!!!!!!

Thanks to my great TA for doing the math ;) Now if I can get her to pay for it ;) jk!

CC member niccikatie created a pretty nifty excel spreadsheet calculator tool for figuring out the math and deciding on the best deal. It's located on this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2404615.