Celebrity Transfers

mandygal00

We booked through Choice Air for our flights and also added the transfer from airport to ship with Celebrity. Looking at the documents, it says 12:30 for pickup at the airport to be taken to the ship. My mother and I are both flying to Miami from different airports, but our flights both land by 10am. So my question is, do we really have to wait until 12:30 to be taken to the ship? Wondering if we should cancel the transfer and just take an Uber. We just did the transfer to guarantee we make it to the ship in time in case our flights are delayed. Input?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From past experience the time on your transfer is just for information. When you arrive at airport and check in with the Celebrity Representative you will be given a number sticker like the tours. They load the transfers on a FIFO basis. You could be earlier or substantially later as busses are totally filled before departure.

I would go with an Uber.

Not all celebrity transfers are on buses. Does your paperwork have a transfer voucher or does it have instructions re getting a voucher when arrived. They booked taxis and private transfers twice with us in Istanbul and Rome. We were frankly ignored in Rome as they wanted to deal with the buses so we got on the bus and showed we'd paid and weren't the only ones. In Istanbul the driver was taking us to the wrong hotel, we had to put him right as there were over 20 miles difference between the two

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Take an Uber.

In Miami it will be a bus, and you will wait until they have it virtually full.

Did one cruise line transfer many, many cruises ago. Never again. And the bonus? Generally you will go privately and save money!

The fixed fare is $27 for up to 4 people and their luggage from MIA to the cruise port. I don't know what Celebrity charges, but why wait for Celebrity....just pick up your bags, go to the taxi stand and get a taxi...no wait for a bus to fill, no wait for a large group to gather before the celebrity person takes you to your transportation. It's really much easier, faster and more pleasant to get a taxi. If you want to pay a little less, Lyft or Uber are also options but come on....we're talking $27 here.....is it worth $10 not to have to find your driver, etc....just go to the taxi stand.

Did a transfer once in Cape Liberty. From the airport to the ship was fine as our flight arrived early and we got on an earlier bus. Going from the port back to the airport was a disaster. Everyone trying to get on multiple buses, trying to figure out which bus went to which terminal. And then to boot I caught a bad cough from others on the bus who had gotten sick on the cruise. Never again. Uber is the choice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app