Stateroom going from 2 to 1 person??

ae2009

So my family and I booked a cruise for Nov and we have a family friend that wants to go. He booked his room for 2 people however now it looks like he will be going on his own. Does he have to call Carnival ahead of time and tell them that its just him going? Our fear is that if we tell them they will move him out of his room to another room and we don't want that as we have booked rooms right beside each other.

Notification all depends on if you are before or after final payment and what cancellation fees you may be facing. That's something you will have to determine based on your circumstances.

It is unlikely the booked cabin will be forcibly changed due to changing from 2 to 1 (unless it is a triple or a quad and even if it is would be rare).

Edited by StolidCruiser

Notification all depends on if you are before or after final payment and what cancellation fees you may be facing. That's something you will have to determine based on your circumstances.

It is unlikely the booked cabin will be forcibly changed due to changing from 2 to 1 (unless it is a triple or a quad and even if it is would be rare).

He is paid in full for 2 people and paid gratuities for 2 people.

Do I need to call them now and tell them? He is paid in full for 2 people and included gratuities for 2 people.

Do not call. When is the cruise?

Never mind, I see it's November. If he still goes, leave it alone unless he fully cancels both.

Edited by RuthlessBoss
saw november

Have him be a no show. If they are past final payment and the person cancels, they will lose their fare and the solo will need to pay double if they don't have insurance. The other persons taxes/port fees/gratuities will be refunded.

It doesn't matter if some think it's not fair or not correct, but that's the way it is. I have been in this exact situation as have others that have reported the same thing. And no, there is no such thing as "No show insurance" (this is directed to a particular poster who constantly chimes in with incorrect information saying they have done this and done that).

Have him be a no show. If they are past final payment and the person cancels, they will lose their fare and the solo will need to pay double if they don't have insurance. The other persons taxes/port fees/gratuities will be refunded.

It doesn't matter if some think it's not fair or not correct, but that's the way it is. I have been in this exact situation as have others that have reported the same thing. And no, there is no such thing as "No show insurance" (this is directed to a particular poster who constantly chimes in with incorrect information saying they have done this and done that).

From reading old posts, it looks like the date is Nov. 28 on Fantasy.

From reading old posts, it looks like the date is Nov. 28 on Fantasy.

Well then I would try and find someone to take their place, or cancel them if the rate allows it. I guess they will need to decide which way makes the most sense money wise. If it's ES, then the deposit penalty may be too much. Either way, the solo will end up paying for 2 but only 1 port fees/taxes/gratuities.

Well then I would try and find someone to take their place, or cancel them if the rate allows it. I guess they will need to decide which way makes the most sense money wise. If it's ES, then the deposit penalty may be too much. Either way, the solo will end up paying for 2 but only 1 port fees/taxes/gratuities.

He did do an ES and at this point I am honestly thinking that it would probably just be best to have a no show. Who knows...he might find someone between now and then. Thanks for responding.

He did do an ES and at this point I am honestly thinking that it would probably just be best to have a no show. Who knows...he might find someone between now and then. Thanks for responding.

You're welcome. I'm thinking the no show is the best option as well. You're not supposed to be able to do name changes with ES, but some people have reported that they were able to do so. All you can do is ask. Good luck and I hope it works out to be as painless as possible.