Just off the Magic

woodman

We are huge Carnival fans, that being said the last cruise on the Magic was disappointing

in a few ways. The food was not as good as we had become accustomed to on Carnival ships. The workers on the Lido buffet all had long faces and really didn't want to be there.

The service on the MDR was kind of strange as well. Very unusual for Carnival. Every where else there were smiles and good mornings, good evening and such. The entertainment was not very good, if it were not for Dr.E the CD it would have been a dull cruise for sure. There was a couple in the lobby that we really enjoyed. No live band for the one show they had. Seems every thing comes out of a can. The Red Frog was the exceptions. The fun place to be. All the bar tenders and wait staff were supper friendly and we had a lot of fun with them.

I have a few pictures at the Red Frog I will try to post later.

Edited by woodman
spelling

We were on the Magic recently also (July 23 sailing). I agree that the entertainment could have been better (we enjoyed the couple who sang in the lobby also, but most of the other acts were subpar, particularly Tommy G in the piano bar) The comedians were good, but lines were so long for the adult shows you could not get in (probably because there were not many good alternatives). However, we enjoyed our dining experiences. We had early fixed dining in the MDR and our waitstaff was wonderful and the food was good. My only disappointment was that there was no Bitter & Blanc. LOVED the sea day brunches. We had several selections from the Lido and the only one we did not like was the Mongolian wok. guys burgers were good (but IMO no better than what had been available in the grill), and we loved the Burritos. Sandwiches from the deli were good and even the pizza was acceptable. Other than the server in the piano bar (I have another post about that), all waitstaff were friendly and capable.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with "Magic". The lovely, and talented Mrs. Jones just returned from a seven day aboard "Magic", and told me it was among the very best cruises she's ever had. (We've done over fifty Carnival cruises.) She couldn't wait to get on line, and book another "Magic" cruise. ;)

"SKY"

I'm very happy for Mrs. Jones and we had a good time on the cruise we did as well. I thought I would just post my feelings about the cruise and see what kind of feed back I would get.

I will repeat my wife and I love Carnival and plan on cruising on Carnival for years to come.

We don't have 50 cruises only 40 but we are working on it. We sail again on the Magic in Oct of this year. It's booked and paid for so we will go hopping it will be a better experience.

sorry to hear, we are on the Magic in January and the ship gets rave reviews. The only negative on the reviews were for the piano bar singer, maybe Carnival will get the memo. The piano bar guy on the Dream was excellent.

I will be sailing 1 October and I will take a dull cruise over no cruise at all. Sorry it wasn't everything you expected. Hpefully I will fare better.. also I usually spend a LOT of time in the Red Frog. It sucks that Dream doesn't have one since I have been on her a few times but I still had a great time.

Happy Cruising

I'm sorry to hear of your experience.

I think that sometimes a cruise is just "off" - and I think it happens to everyone who cruises frequently. It's not bad, it's just not as good as previous experiences or you're left thinking, "Gee, it wasn't like this on that other cruise.".

Hopefully it's a one and done experience and your next Carnival cruise will return to the happy times and good food that quite obviously keep you coming back to Carnival.

We were on the Magic on the 7/30/16 sailing. I loved the ship, our dining staff (late seating) were great, and I thought the food was very good. We ate in the Italian restaurant one night & it was fantastic - so worth the extra $15.

The only negatives I had were the Entertainment Staff (hostesses) were a little blah though Dr E was wonderful. Also, it was the first time I experienced really rude officers and I've not only been on many cruises with Carnival, but also worked onboard long, long ago. On two different occasions while walking on the Promenade we had to move out of the path of officers walking toward us - no smile, no excuse me, nothing - just really odd.

But I really loved the ship & love, love, love Pt. Canaveral so I'm looking forward to booking another cruise soon.