Best hotels in Miami

dobug84

Hope everyone had a great weekend! :)

My husband and I are going to be flying into Miami the day before our cruise, where are some great places to stay? We are hoping to find somewhere that has a shuttle to and from the airport and the cruise port. Also at a reasonable price! Thanks for the help!:D

countdown.pl?image=Beach-2&name=dobug84&date=10-22-2016&text=Can

Carnival Ecstasy 2012

Hope everyone had a great weekend! :)

My husband and I are going to be flying into Miami the day before our cruise, where are some great places to stay? We are hoping to find somewhere that has a shuttle to and from the airport and the cruise port. Also at a reasonable price! Thanks for the help!:D

countdown.pl?image=Beach-2&name=dobug84&date=10-22-2016&text=Can

Carnival Ecstasy 2012

I have stayed at the InterContinental, but we drove so I cant address the shuttles.

You may find this forum helpful. It is the Florida departures one right here on Cruise Critic. Use the search this forum link in the upper right corner to help narrow your search down.

Love the Glory she is one of our favorite ships!

If the shuttle thing is not a make/break issue, I would suggest the Courtyard Marriott downtown. It is right by the metro mover that will take you to Bayside or Brickell. We stayed there Feb 16, and have it booked again for Feb 17.

There is a drug store (and starbucks) just a short walk away to pick up last minute items.

I have stayed at the intercontinental twice. It's nice but a little flashy for my taste.

I've never used an airport/hotel or hotel/port shuttle, we always grab a cab.

This past January we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Doral, Fl. Room was reasonable and they offered a shuttle to and from the airport for free and to and free the port for $12pp each way. Motel room was around $150. Not luxurious but nice continental breakfast and was very clean.

You want a great place to stay at a reasonable price in a major tourist city- good luck. South Beach is a great, fun area but hotels are $300+ per night; the nicer ones are $400.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not necessarily true.

We stayed at the iconic Colony Hotel right on Ocean Drive in the very heart of South Beach for $85 a night. It wasn't the W but it was still a great, 3 star hotel.

A cab from hotel to port is only $12-15....

From which hotel? Uber was $3.59 from Intercontinental to the port. We took a cab from there the cruise before but I can't remember exactly how much it was but I'm positive it was more than double what Uber was. Plus then we had to wait because so many people needed a taxi and they had to call more of them. Uber guy was there within 4 minutes.

Edited by firemanbobswife

We like the Marriott on Biscayne Blvd . .. there is also a Doubletree next door. A room that faces the East . . . you can watch the ships come in and leave . . . and have a great view of the South Beach skyline at night. They do offer a shuttle to the cruise ships but not from the airport. The food is very good there.

One of our favorite hotels.