$50 drinks

jimslady

Bought the cheers last cruise on victory. Will buy again for our next cruise on Valor 12/29/16. Soooo, it says any single drink up to $50. Anyone know what drink is $50?

It used to be $10 a year or so ago. That obviously excluded Alchemy bar drinks and some of the higher end scotches cognacs. There may not be any at $50, but there are some in the $25 to $30 range in the steakhouse and a few other places. Now that it is above $10, you should always order the premium alcohol for all of your drinks.

The more expensive the drinks you order, the lower you dily break even oint becomes. At $10 per drink, it was 5 to 6 a day. Now, you can get it a bit lower than that. And the rest is gravy.

I was just curious. I do like my champagne so I will be sure to exploit it for as much bubbly as I can!

Just a word of warning concerning champagne. Cruised with friends of mine and the wife wanted to try a glass of Dom....They didnt sell Dom by the glass (on the cruise i was on, other ships may) and a bottle was i believe $175. So if she wanted a glass, she would have had to purchase the bottle, which is outside the Cheers guideline. She gave up that idea real quick :D

Edited by First and Ten

Just a word of warning concerning champagne. Cruised with friends of mine and the wife wanted to try a glass of Dom....They didnt sell Dom by the glass (on the cruise i was on, other ships may) and a bottle was i believe $175. So if she wanted a glass, she would have had to purchase the bottle, which is outside the Cheers guideline. She gave up that idea real quick :D

You would get 25% off with Cheers on that bottle though. That'd be a decent deal on most vintages. Still way more than I'd ever spend on a drink though.

I've seen a bottle of Louis XIII for sale on the Magic and it was around $3500. They weren't giving out samples unfortunately.

It used to be $10 a year or so ago. That obviously excluded Alchemy bar drinks and some of the higher end scotches cognacs. There may not be any at $50, but there are some in the $25 to $30 range in the steakhouse and a few other places. Now that it is above $10, you should always order the premium alcohol for all of your drinks.

The more expensive the drinks you order, the lower you dily break even oint becomes. At $10 per drink, it was 5 to 6 a day. Now, you can get it a bit lower than that. And the rest is gravy.

So... I confirmed with my personal vacation planner:

Does the Steakhouse Bar have drinks that are not available elsewhere on the ship? Yes:)

Do you have to be dining in the Steakhouse to get drinks from the Steakhouse Bar? No:D

Here's my question for everyone here: Does anyone have a picture of the Steakhouse BAR menu (i.e. not the food menu but drinks and prices)? ;)

I like the idea of visiting the steakhouse bar. Can I sit there and just have a drink, or do I need to get my drink and take it somewhere else?

That's a good question... We are going on the Breeze in November and I'm sure they have a bar in the steakhouse. I will give it a try then and report back....

BUT - if anyone else knows the answer now, please chime in! :D

I grabbed this picture from a video someone posted:

1967776271_BreezeBar.jpg.4120bd2688024224c9fb8cca36be8e72.jpg