Did FTTF go up, AGAIN?

KPfromCT

Just scored FTTF for our Magic cruise, next June.:D:D

8 night Eastern.

$79.95?

Seriously?:mad:

Love the benefits, but DAMN!!!!!!!

Apparently so. I just looked and its 69.95 to add it to my 7 day Magic cruise :eek: There is no way in Hades Im doing that lol.

Dang, I spent $59.99 for a 7-day Breeze cruise.

Seems like they JUST went to $59.99 only a few months ago, yet already another increase. I honestly thought less people would purchase it as they increased "check-in times" at the ports.

I expect they will keep raising the prices until the demand for it drops off. That's economics. I personally won't pay anything for it but there is apparently more than enough demand for it for Carnival to raise the prices....I don't blame them for doing so if people keep paying for it.

Not surprising. It makes sense, really. The demand is high, there is only so much supply (if we are to believe them when they say they limit the number sold per sailing), raising the price is the only logical thing for the company to do. I'm only surprised it took them this long to raise the price again.

Supply-and-Demand-Graph.png

As long as cruisers keep paying for it, pricing will continue to increase. It's a cash cow for Carnival.

It may be Carnivals best gimmick they ever came up with....collecting anywhere from $50-$80 per cabin without any real outlay....literally 100% profit....Now look at the LB Port, earliest checkin times apparently are 12:30pm. This will drive the early birds nuts!!!!

Edited by First and Ten

It has been sold out for my 8 day Vista cruise next May. I logged in today just to see and it is available again...for $79.99.

Hey, good for them if they can get it. My husband is SO cranky waiting to get on a ship, I might just pay it so I can shorten the time I have to listen to him gripe! :D

It has been sold out for my 8 day Vista cruise next May. I logged in today just to see and it is available again...for $79.99.

Hey, good for them if they can get it. My husband is SO cranky waiting to get on a ship, I might just pay it so I can shorten the time I have to listen to him gripe! :D

And Carnival thanks you for having a cranky husband!!!! :D

Edited by First and Ten

It may be Carnivals best gimmick they ever came up with....collecting anywhere from $50-$80 per cabin without any real outlay....literally 100% profit....Now look at the LB Port, earliest checkin times apparently are 12:30pm. This will drive the early birds nuts!!!!

Carnival makes money all around....might make more by raising the cost of FTTF, will definitely make money by eliminating 2-3 hours per day for each employee.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Carnival makes money all around....might make more by raising the cost of FTTF, will definitely make money by eliminating 2-3 hours per day for each employee.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

They are in the business to make money, more power to them and any cruiseline trying to maximize their profits....As far as FTTF, reading these boards, it has almost a cult like following. You have people saying they wont cruise without it....smart move on Carnivals part

Edited by First and Ten

I went ahead and got it for my cruise in a couple of weeks. I don't HAVE to have it to cruise, but I do like the perks of having the priority guest services line, priority tendering, and being able to drop my carry-on in my room ASAP. When you think about it, $80 isn't much more than a drop in the bucket when I've already spent a couple grand on the cruise. It's not like it's taking funds away from other stuff, since I can't drink alcohol or eat at the steakhouse anymore, due to having gastric surgery, and I don't buy much in terms of souvenirs. For me, it's as justifiable a purchase as someone else getting Cheers or eating every night at the steakhouse.

Thanks Carnival your new rates keep my stock price up cause between fttf and Internet it's Prue profit. Thank you

actually, internet is not pure profit unless carnival owns a satellite in orbit. otherwise, they do have to pay for bandwidth used on the ship and sent over the satellite.

glad i'm almost platinum.

It sure did. I booked a 7 day in April for the family (4 of us). We have TWO tender ports which is why it was so important to get the fttf. It was available and I booked it for 59.95.

I already had a 7 day booked with a buddy. Same itinerary - two tender ports. It was PREVIOUSLY sold out. It was available today for 69.95. For the same reason, I booked it.

As previously stated, if people keep booking it, they'll keep raising it. For me, it'll be based on the ports. If I get a schedule embarkation time, and don't have tender ports I'll be fine without.

I returned from the Breeze Sunday August 21 and had booked while on board for August of 2017.

When I got home first I opened a beer, then I got on line and bought FTTF for next year's cruise at $59.95. Later that evening I checked again out of curiosity and it showed "Sold Out."

When I first bought it 3 years ago it was $49.95. It was $59.95 for my August 2016 and August 2017 cruises. I will not be particularly surprised if it has gone up again, but am pleased I bought it at $59.95 for next summer.

Glad I've already paid for it for November and next June! People want it and will pay for it. It will hopefully also appease Platinum cruisers who (some - not all) seem to have a problem with it.

Why would a Platinum cruiser have an issue with FTTF? Platinum get the perks for free

Edited by First and Ten

We are platinum, so once it rolled out, it made me a little upset....I spent a lot of money on carnival in order to achieve the perks. However, they do limit the number, and so far it hasn't affected our experience. I am now glad they have it, as some people feel they need it (some do, various reasons) and pay for it...I look at it as profit for Carnival, but also that it is one way they are keeping their costs down for the rest of us. We cruise often because it is such a value. So thanks everyone who buys it; you are helping keep the cruises a good value!:D

Edited by cruisemom67

They are in the business to make money, more power to them and any cruiseline trying to maximize their profits....As far as FTTF, reading these boards, it has almost a cult like following. You have people saying they wont cruise without it....smart move on Carnivals part

I'm amazed at the following it has. They even get requests to be waitlisted for it. So I see nothing wrong with an increase with such a demand.

I agree, where else can you make money for virtually nothing. I hope they took good care of whomever thought that up.