Pride Review*---mini 8/21-8/28

octcruise10

Embarkation---Great. We had faster to fun and a 11am check in time. We did arrive earlier and waited in the parking line for about 45 minutes. We went through the check in process and was directed to a waiting area for Faster to Fun guests. We waited a bit longer than I expected here but I think it was because people were still coming off the ship late. This was our first time with Faster to the Fun but all in all I would definitely do it again.

Got on board and could but could not go right to our rooms which was a little disappointing as we thought that was one of the perks to getting faster to fun. It seemed they were not letting anyone on the elevators to rooms until 12:30?

Anyway we got a variety of food options( Guys, Blue Iguana, and buffet) and sat and relaxed until we could go to the room. We has a room with an extended balcony. It was not all that much bigger than the regular balcony and would probably not do it again.

DINING---a little back story-my 4th time on the pride my 6th cruise over all. LOVE the PRide! This time i brought a FIRST time cruiser with me. Our ding experience was terrrible! I was very disappointed with this as we have ALWAYS had great service on the PRIDE. Our waiter (T) hardly spoke to us at all. He never learned our names and he ignored us if we saw him in other areas of the ship. WHAT??? This can't be..but yes it is true. He gave us our menus on the first night with out even introducing himself to us. The second night he introduced himself as T but never asked us our names. His Helper was Imade and Marcela (sp?) he was good but not great either and she was pleasant but seemed a bit out of sorts. I made learned our names and always addressed us accordingly but she never did.

We had asked for Lemonade for drinks the first night and it was cloyingly sweet and asked for extra ice to water it down. We waited 1 hour to even order our meal and to receive bread or drinks. We continued to be disappointed for the rest of the cruise. Either waiting or having to keep asking for ice in our drinks or keep reminding them about bread on our table. This has never happened in all the cruise I have been on. They always learned our names and I always got to learn about them. It was sad really not to have my friend experience that. They also do not put napkins on your lap anymore or is this was just our table? Am I expecting too much or what?

Cabin stewardess ---was ok. Again..to compare to other cruise she was not great. We had to keep asking for extra towels. We had 4 women in our cabin...two of them teenagers who need a towel for every part of their bodies to dry off with...haha not serious but two per shower. Since we only had 4 in our cabin we asked for 4 additional towels. We would have to keep asking for these the entire cruise.

Here is what was pretty concerning---We came back to our cabin mid day and our cabin door was propped open. NO ONE INSIDE! NO ONE ON THE OUTSIDE OR ON EITHER SIDE!! We were in there for 5 minutes before she came back into the room just as I was calling Guest Services. I asked her why the door was open and she said she went to the closet to get an ice bucket for us. The closet is all the way down the hall from our room! Our room was left open with all of our things exposed for at least 5 minutes that we know of! Nothing missing thank goodness but still it was concerning. I did not report it because we felt bad but I told her that it was not acceptable and she should never leave a persons cabin exposed like that.

Grand Turk--- Great--no issues

Half Moon Cay--MY FAVORITE! We had Cabana 10 and it was awesome!

Trivia and Shows ---GReat!

Crew--

I loved the energy of Swartz and some of the crew members..Melissa was awesome! YEEEAAASSSS!! Lol

RED--low energy and very hard to understand.

MJ --fun!

Overall I would say we had a good time! Heck...we are on vacation and not working but it definitely could not compare to my other cruises on the same ship! AND NOT a VERY GOOD IMPRESSION FOR A FIRST TIME CRUISER!

I have another cruise already booked on the same ship next October and I HAVE CONSIDERED CANCELLING ....WE SHALL SEE!

Thank you for taking the time to write the review and share your experiences with us. I'm sorry you had so many disappointments on this cruise. I understand and can sympathize with wanting your "newbie" friend to experience all the good things that you remember your previous Pride cruises offering, and being disappointed when what you got this time was so much less than what you were used to.:( And I, too, would be upset about finding my cabin door propped open that long. Here's wishing your next cruise (if you decide to take it after all) is much better!:)

Thank you for taking the time to write the review and share your experiences with us. I'm sorry you had so many disappointments on this cruise. I understand and can sympathize with wanting your "newbie" friend to experience all the good things that you remember your previous Pride cruises offering, and being disappointed when what you got this time was so much less than what you were used to.:( And I, too, would be upset about finding my cabin door propped open that long. Here's wishing your next cruise (if you decide to take it after all) is much better!:)

Thank you. It is so fresh in my mind right now but I am sure in a few weeks of the grind, I will be ready to go again...lol

I would be really upset if my door was propped open with no one in sight. It's not just a security issue, it's a privacy issue. I would definitely follow up with the cruise line, they need to know about this. It's just wrong.

As far as the waiters, it's clear they were having some drama. I've cruised 4 times on Pride, some were fun cruises, and one was pretty bad. Still had a good time but it was one thing after another. It's just the way she is I think. Last cruise (last year) was the best Pride cruise yet but she's not my favorite ship by any means.

Glad you had a good cruise all in all. Yes it's hard when you really try to sell someone on cruising and then they have problems. It's happened to me before, too.

Embarkation---

DINING---a little back story-my 4th time on the pride my 6th cruise over all. LOVE the PRide! This time i brought a FIRST time cruiser with me. Our ding experience was terrrible! I was very disappointed with this as we have ALWAYS had great service on the PRIDE. Our waiter (T) hardly spoke to us at all. He never learned our names and he ignored us if we saw him in other areas of the ship. WHAT??? This can't be..but yes it is true. He gave us our menus on the first night with out even introducing himself to us. The second night he introduced himself as T but never asked us our names. His Helper was Imade and Marcela (sp?) he was good but not great either and she was pleasant but seemed a bit out of sorts. I made learned our names and always addressed us accordingly but she never did.

We had asked for Lemonade for drinks the first night and it was cloyingly sweet and asked for extra ice to water it down. We waited 1 hour to even order our meal and to receive bread or drinks. We continued to be disappointed for the rest of the cruise. Either waiting or having to keep asking for ice in our drinks or keep reminding them about bread on our table. This has never happened in all the cruise I have been on. They always learned our names and I always got to learn about them. It was sad really not to have my friend experience that. They also do not put napkins on your lap anymore or is this was just our table? Am I expecting too much or what?

we were on the Pride back in April, and I'd have to say that our dining experience was a lot like yours. Some nights we had long waits either to order our meal, or between the appetizers and main course. Then to make up for the lost time, it was not uncommon for our waiter to be giving us our dessert menu BEFORE we were finished out entree. I found that to be absurd. Out of curiosity, I watched our waiter one night and realized that he was responsible for a total of 8 tables which sat a total of 38 people. Granted, not all 38 where there every night, but that is way to many tables for one waiter to take care of. We ended up only eating in the dinning room 4 of the 8 nights we were on board. We will be going again in May and I'll see if service got any better.... but my hopes are not high.

we were on the Pride back in April, and I'd have to say that our dining experience was a lot like yours. Some nights we had long waits either to order our meal, or between the appetizers and main course. Then to make up for the lost time, it was not uncommon for our waiter to be giving us our dessert menu BEFORE we were finished out entree. I found that to be absurd. Out of curiosity, I watched our waiter one night and realized that he was responsible for a total of 8 tables which sat a total of 38 people. Granted, not all 38 where there every night, but that is way to many tables for one waiter to take care of. We ended up only eating in the dinning room 4 of the 8 nights we were on board. We will be going again in May and I'll see if service got any better.... but my hopes are not high.

Our waiter was in charge of (6) 4 top tables and there were 3 of them. We mostly saw 2. They just seemed that they were not organized or flowing. One night we would have one of them giving us menus and then the other one would take the order and then they would switch. It was weird. On one of the nights when they danced in dining room we were still eating our main course and couldn't even see to eat or was cold by the time show was over. Another night we ordered our dessert and they came back 15 minutes later and said the kitchen was closed because the show was going to start and then it didn't start for another 15 minutes. When it was done we waited again to get the dessert. NEVER did they ask if we wanted coffee with dessert which I found to be odd! The whole dining experience was off for us. :confused::confused:

Being platinum and getting on the ship quite early, we always head to our room first. We always run into closed doors but never let it stop us :p They're not locked :D

Yea this was our first time using FTF and didn't know that. I do now!!!:D:D:D