Booking Alaska excursions

Tinknock50

Six months before the start of the cruise is the norm, according to HAL. I've sometimes seen the excursions listed a bit earlier. With an Alaska cruise, you may want to check in late November/early December, since they should start posting the excursions six months before the first Alaskan cruise which will be mid-May or so.

Six months before the start of the cruise is the norm, according to HAL. I've sometimes seen the excursions listed a bit earlier. With an Alaska cruise, you may want to check in late November/early December, since they should start posting the excursions six months before the first Alaskan cruise which will be mid-May or so.

That makes sense. I just didn't remember it taking that long other years.

• 2 weeks later...

OK - is it 6 months from the start of the Alaska season - when contracts, etc.. have been worked out for the season - OR 6 months prior to a specific cruise date? With a five month season that much delay could mean being shut out of limited space tours. I guess I'll just keep logging in to HAL weekly and seeing what it shows and when it starts to show them.

OK - is it 6 months from the start of the Alaska season - when contracts, etc.. have been worked out for the season - OR 6 months prior to a specific cruise date? With a five month season that much delay could mean being shut out of limited space tours. I guess I'll just keep logging in to HAL weekly and seeing what it shows and when it starts to show them.

Good point....

I am booked on the June 3rd Eurodam Alaska cruise. When do excursions typically become available on the HAL site?

I know you did not ask for any excursion advice but we just took the Taku Glacier Floatplane Adventure out of Juneau and as everyone else has said "It is highly recommended". JMTCW.

I guess I'll just keep logging in to HAL weekly and seeing what it shows and when it starts to show them.

That's the best plan. Once tours start to appear, they will be available for the season. Not all the tours appear at once, though, so keep checking for new offerings.