Internet on Konsingdam compared to VOOM on RCI?

FLUFFLULA

We have cruised alot and like to be able to keep in touch with our families while on board. We've had all the frustrations with internet on the ships we've sailed on-- until our last cruise this past summer on Royal Caribbean's Adventure of the Seas that had VOOM internet--it was fantastic! We were so happy with VOOM that we are reluctant to sail on another ship without it.

My question is for those of you who have sailed on Konsingdam and used the internet service. We are thinking about a cruise on the Konsingdam but how is the internet service?

Thanks in advance for any information you can share.

I was on the Inaugural sailing of the Koningsdam in April out of Rome so not sure if it has improved since then and not sure if the difference was due to being in the Mediterranean. I also have not been on Royal Caribbean in several years but what I can compare the Koningsdam to was Norwegian Cruise line where I had purchased an Unlimited package not quite a year ago. Just my opinion the Koningsdam's Internet was Slow to poor at best. But basically typical of all previous HAL sailings over the past 7 yrs that I have been purchasing internet. On NCL last November on a Sea Day I was Streaming a Live broadcast of the NCL Escape dedication and sharing it with servers in the Main Dining Room. The NCL Jewel did not even have updated equipment at that point that they too are adding to their ships. At the time I was on the Koningsdam they were not offering any type of Unlimited package. Logging on and getting a signal was Hit or miss. It was very disappointing with it being a new ship.

I have spoken with people that have experienced the New VOOM with RCCL and said they were extremely impressed.

Sadly unless I am missed some changes in the past couple of months the Internet will be no where close to what you experienced with RCCL. I believe when Cruise Critic did their review of the new Koningsdam the Internet was one of their complaints.

Now there are other things that are quite nice on the New Koningsdam unfortunately the Internet is not one of them :o

I concur with a prior answer, internet on the K'dam was slow. I didn't have any problems getting connected from our cabin, 4137 but others have told me that connectivity was spotty. To bad that such a new ship is tied to something equivalent to a dial up modem.

Bob