Prepayment required for pre-reserved drink packaged?

Alex71

Just got the confirmation for our next cruise and went to the MSC website to reserve our usual beer and water packages. In the past, they could be reserved online and were later added to the onboard account.

When I added them today, I was asked to provide my credit card information to complete the transaction. I assume paying upfront for the packages would mean that they won't count for MSC club points towards a higher status.

Are others seeing the same thing? Is there a way around the prepayment e.g. by reserving the packages through my TA?

I did it via TA and got charged the same day all the same. I think you have no other choice now. Not sure if they counted as MSC points, did not check it yet, but the TA made a new invoice for the whole cruise with the services added, so it might be done, maybe.

You won't receive points for pre-paid packages and if you get your TA to book you'll still have to pre-pay. The only benefit now is avoiding the 15% added if purchasing onboard - which would count for points.

Ken, they may allow you to cancel it. You can pre-book the package on the Ireland website. It may be because we can't book cruises online so it's not set-up to request credit card details, hence we can't prepay!

You may be too close to sailing date to do it, though, as you have to make any changes 4 days from sailing. That only leaves you tonight and tomorrow should they allow you cancel the prepayment.

Ken, they may allow you to cancel it. You can pre-book the package on the Ireland website. It may be because we can't book cruises online so it's not set-up to request credit card details, hence we can't prepay!

You may be too close to sailing date to do it, though, as you have to make any changes 4 days from sailing. That only leaves you tonight and tomorrow should they allow you cancel the prepayment.

No luck, Bea. Was on phone to MSC.ie, UK phone service. They said UK bookings have to pay upfront. No luck with the Future Cruise obc either. Hey ho, still got a great deal! Looking forward to it. Ken

No luck, Bea. Was on phone to MSC.ie, UK phone service. They said UK bookings have to pay upfront. No luck with the Future Cruise obc either. Hey ho, still got a great deal! Looking forward to it. Ken

You sure did, Ken. Go enjoy! :) You can always use your voucher for another booking ;)