Yacht Club Pillow Menu

resstation

We have been on the Divina in the YC twice and I follow the boards quite a bit but I haven't seen much about the pillow menu in the Yacht Club. I just want to say that it is TERRIFIC. There are 4 or 5 different choices listed on a card they have on the nightstand. Just ask the butler and he will get your choice. My husband and I tried two different pillows and loved them. Made the already very comfortable bed fantastic. Please don't ask what kinds of pillows were offered, I can't remember! I only remember the one I asked for was made of memory foam.

I've never bothered with the pillow menu. I spend the nights onboard dancing until late - I suppose I'm too tired to notice the bed, pillows.......the cabin, even :D

If you're unhappy with the pillows (when not in YC) you can ask your cabin steward to replace them. Sometimes he/she can accommodate you. Otherwise you'll just have to upgrade to YC!

The pillows are notoriously bad on ships. I only started noticing that after reading complaints about them LOL! I'm sooooo fussy about the pillows in my home, too. People who stay with me often remark how great they are.

I've never bothered with the pillow menu. I spend the nights onboard dancing until late - I suppose I'm too tired to notice the bed, pillows.......the cabin, even :D

If you're unhappy with the pillows (when not in YC) you can ask your cabin steward to replace them. Sometimes he/she can accommodate you. Otherwise you'll just have to upgrade to YC!

The pillows are notoriously bad on ships. I only started noticing that after reading complaints about them LOL! I'm sooooo fussy about the pillows in my home, too. People who stay with me often remark how great they are.

Usually I stay up and out of the cabin very late - but this last Europe itinerary put a big stop to that when we realized we had to be up by 5:30-6am most days for all 3 of us to get up, ready, breakfast, etc for the tours. Those Europe itineraries are so port intensive. Loved every minute! The Sofia Loren suite was fantastic and I would go again tomorrow if I could!! We are spoiled for the Yacht Club now after taking two cruises on Divina. I don't know how any other cruise line could even compare. We're going to Hawaii on the Pride of America next year and I'm disappointed there will be no YC. We did book a 2 bedroom, but I know it couldn't possibly compare to the service we received on the Divina.

I don't know how any other cruise line could even compare. We're going to Hawaii on the Pride of America next year and I'm disappointed there will be no YC. We did book a 2 bedroom, but I know it couldn't possibly compare to the service we received on the Divina.

I don't think any cruise line comes close to offering what MSC does in terms of YC - it's amazing value!

How was the YC dining room? Did you get the names of the maitreD or sommelier, by any chance? We had a fantastic time on Preziosa last year and booked Divina for this year as soon as we got home! I wasn't letting her go back to Miami permanently without trying her out!

I don't think any cruise line comes close to offering what MSC does in terms of YC - it's amazing value!

How was the YC dining room? Did you get the names of the maitreD or sommelier, by any chance? We had a fantastic time on Preziosa last year and booked Divina for this year as soon as we got home! I wasn't letting her go back to Miami permanently without trying her out!

Definitely a great value. The dining room was even better than our first trip. Delicious. I can't remember the name of the maitreD or sommelier. Sorry. I know the sommelier was the same one we had on our March 2013 sailing. He's terrific. I'm so bad with names - I can call someone by name for an entire week and then completely forget the minute I'm not around them for a few days. I never forget a face, though!

Definitely a great value. The dining room was even better than our first trip. Delicious. I can't remember the name of the maitreD or sommelier. Sorry. I know the sommelier was the same one we had on our March 2013 sailing. He's terrific. I'm so bad with names - I can call someone by name for an entire week and then completely forget the minute I'm not around them for a few days. I never forget a face, though!

Thanks for that - great to hear it was all good! I'm soooo looking forward to it. Only 9 weeks to go, now :)

There pillows are the worst in the regular rooms of any line .

I think you'll see a change with their bedding Riclop. I received a survey from MSC regarding their bedding a couple of weeks ago. It was a very lengthy survey requiring very descriptive answers so hopefully we'll see a change.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Resurrecting an old thread.

I agree with all those stating that the pillows outside of the Yacht Club are terrible. It's like blown in foam. Hard to describe. Little chunks of sponge maybe?

Anyway, the pillows were so uncomfortable I was planning on bringing my own until I found this thread. Can anyone confirm/deny that Yacht club is still offering this pillow menu?

• 3 months later...
Resurrecting an old thread.

I agree with all those stating that the pillows outside of the Yacht Club are terrible. It's like blown in foam. Hard to describe. Little chunks of sponge maybe?

Anyway, the pillows were so uncomfortable I was planning on bringing my own until I found this thread. Can anyone confirm/deny that Yacht club is still offering this pillow menu?

They had the pillow menu in the yacht club the first of September. I used the memory foam pillow and it was just like I have at home.

On our two cruises the Maitrds name was too difficult to pronounce so every called him by a nickname.

I'm not sure what we started with but your butler will change it to your requirements from the Pillow Menu when you first get to your cabin. Effectively you have a "standard" pillow and then another 5 types to choose from if it isn't to your liking. I slept like a king, quiet, no movement at all and a comfy bed. Bliss.