MSC Divina - Cabin 10204

rockgal

Hello,

This is my first cruise and I'm looking for information about my cabin assignment as I'm not sure where it is located on the ship - if it is good/bad, etc. I've looked at the deck plan, but that doesn't really help. If anyone has any information about this cabin, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!:)

Hello,

This is my first cruise and I'm looking for information about my cabin assignment as I'm not sure where it is located on the ship - if it is good/bad, etc. I've looked at the deck plan, but that doesn't really help. If anyone has any information about this cabin, I would greatly appreciate it.

It is classed as a BELLA balcony cabin and is the smaller type of balcony cabin; 148 sq ft (124 sq ft living area, 24 sq ft bathroom) with a 34 sq ft balcony. THe standard size balcony is 169 sq ft with a 42 sq ft balcony.

The main difference is there won't be an area with a sofa in your cabin

It is perfectly adequate for a great cruise and has a lovely position with respect of views from the balcony.

To find out about the BELLA experience (in comparison to the Fantastica experience) take a look at this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2224649#

to get an idea of what the balcony looks like in comparison to a standard balcony have a look at this thread, They are the first two images

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2228923#

cabin location

10204.jpg

Hope this helps

Pete

Do you have any info on the new balcony cabins on the Lirica class by any chance, Pete? I can't seem to find anything other than the promotional stuff about the Armonia. I've just booked one on Sinfonia, deck 9, sans sofa and am wondering if I should upgrade to a suite. Problem is they're all on deck 10 beneath the pool deck and my TA advised against them due to being disturbed very early in the mornings from overhead noise issues.

I don't want to start a new thread ............ perhaps there should be a dedicated "sticky" thread on the subject like there is over on the Celebrity board.

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the quick response. Just one other question, I assumed that our balcony has plexi glass and not metal like the picture I saw - which showed a small balcony on the hump (I think).

Do you know if it is plexi glass?

Thanks,

Eileen

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the quick response. Just one other question, I assumed that our balcony has plexi glass and not metal like the picture I saw - which showed a small balcony on the hump (I think).

Do you know if it is plexi glass?

Thanks,

Eileen

It is Plexi glass

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beamafar viewpost.gif

Do you have any info on the new balcony cabins on the Lirica class by any chance, Pete? I can't seem to find anything other than the promotional stuff about the Armonia. I've just booked one on Sinfonia, deck 9, sans sofa and am wondering if I should upgrade to a suite. Problem is they're all on deck 10 beneath the pool deck and my TA advised against them due to being disturbed very early in the mornings from overhead noise issues.

I don't want to start a new thread ............ perhaps there should be a dedicated "sticky" thread on the subject like there is over on the Celebrity board.

I haven't got any info on the new post-renaissence cabins on any of the Lirica ships. It is very hard to get an info other than promotional stuff

As for the advice from your TA, they haven't got it quite right.

There are two classes of suite, Fantastica and Aurea. It's the first time I've heard of a suite being Fantastica.

The aurea suites are on deck 10 (about half of them are underneath the Spa) and on deck 12.

The TA is right about the fantastica suites being under the pool deck.

I've had suites 12(0)12 and 12(0)23 on Sinfonia (some deck plans have 5 digit cabin Nos. some have 4) and 12019 on Opera and found them to be excellent, did have a small amount of overhead noise. I'd happily go in them again despite the fact you don't get the points for onboard spend for the Alegrissimo package which comes with the suite.

When I worked out the price difference, for my upcoming B2B cruises on Orchestra, the AI package was costing ~£12-13pppd instead of £22 (i've allowed £60 for the spa treatment, not taking that out the AI was costing £17pppd).

So it's well worth doing the maths and weighing that up against the collection of 1 or 2 points for a 7 day cruise; or 3 - 4 points for a 14 day cruise.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Pete.......here's how the different categories are shown on the new deck plans on the UK website (I can't do what you do with copy & paste)

MSC Sinfonia, deck by deck

976 Cabins | 2679 Guests

BELLA › Inside

BELLA › Ocean View*

FANTASTICA › Inside

FANTASTICA › Ocean View

FANTASTICA › Balcony

FANTASTICA › Suite

AUREA › Suite

Here's the link

http://www.msccruises.co.uk/uk_en/Images/16765_41_SX_deck_plans_WEB_2016_cor_tcm13-111171.pdf

The Fantastica suites are shaded in darkest green on deck 10. I'm assuming they're being categorised as suites as they have sofas, whereas the newly added-on balcony cabins don't - similar to the Bella balconies on Preziosa and Divina. I've booked the cabin without sofa so was wondering what sq ft it would be. It's coming in €768 cheaper which would go quite a way towards a drinks package. It's a 24 nighter repo and the budget is tight on this one as I'm outside my budget comfort zone on a January 2016 cruise so an Aurea suite may be too far a stretch.

Edited by Beamafar

Sorry, Pete............when I said all the suites were on deck 10 I was referring to the Fantastica suites. I'd discounted the Aurea as I wasn't considering one!

I've just contacted my TA to get a price on the Aurea, but I think the balcony cabin with a drinks package for 24 nights is the better way to go. The points for onboard spend would be a major factor for me. I'm convinced MSC will add another tier to the loyalty programme so I'm seriously aiming for it :D

I've just got off the phone with the TA - I've booked an Aurea suite (12001) €96 CHEAPER than a balcony cabin (without sofa) would cost with an Allegrissimo package!!!!! That 20% discount sure works wonders :D

Beamafar wrote:-

I've just got off the phone with the TA - I've booked an Aurea suite (12001) €96 CHEAPER than a balcony cabin (without sofa) would cost with an Allegrissimo package!!!!! That 20% discount sure works wonders :D

That's brilliant, you'll have a great cruise in that suite and enjoy the other perks. dom't forget that just outside your suite door is the way on to the forward baalcony which goes across the the front of the ship which is great for sail ins and outs. If I recall correctly you can't go from one side to the other on that balcony because of the balconies of the forward facing cabins. but there are another two balconies on deck 8 and 9.

Deck 8 forward balcony.

P1040165.jpg

Deck 9 forward balcony accessible from deck 8 forward balcony

P1040166.jpg

The are also lots of nice quiet areas on the stern of the ship

P1040691.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Thanks so much, Pete. I decided to forego the 6 points in favour of a better sized cabin.

I've been doing a search on the forum for info and been reading some of your contributions from 2013!! I'm looking for photos of the cabin. I have no clue about the Lirica or Musica class ships - I've only sailed Fantasia class. I'm now booked on Sinfonia AND Magnifica in 2016 so looking forward to the new experiences on the two different classes. I'm feeling almost like a newbie LOL!

• 1 year later...

The are also lots of nice quiet areas on the stern of the ship

P1040691.jpg

Pete

Hello Pete,

Are these stern areas on Divina? Having trouble determining where these spots are on the ship. Looks like some nice and peaceful spots to spend the day. Thanks!

Hello,

Your cabin is small, you could see it on the deck plans that it's smaller 148 versus 191 sq ft on the regular balcony.

Hello Pete' date='

Are these stern areas on Divina? Having trouble determining where these spots are on the ship. Looks like some nice and peaceful spots to spend the day. Thanks![/quote']

It's the stern of SINFONIA not Divina

Sorry to disappoint you

Pete