Divina in the Caribbean Question

MrJoeBlack

Based on your personal experiences on the Divina in the Caribbean, what can you tell me about the overall tone of the passengers and nightlife, I realize all sailings are different from week to week. Let's put it in a scale of 1(calm) to 10(very bumping) also can you include the overall client base in your experience

1(carnival/Walmart) to 10(Oceania/Prada)

Based on your personal experiences on the Divina in the Caribbean, what can you tell me about the overall tone of the passengers and nightlife, I realize all sailings are different from week to week. Let's put it in a scale of 1(calm) to 10(very bumping) also can you include the overall client base in your experience

You won't find many Carnival cruisers onboard MSC Divina,,most are brand loyal or budget conscious and MSC Divina pricing is equal to or slightly higher than a Carnival cruise. I would say nightlife onboard ranks around an 8,,,,every lounge and entertainment venue is usually very well attended with people of all nationalities singing and dancing to the wee hours of the morning. I found a video from a couple of years ago that you can use as a reference. The part of the video you'll be interested in begins around the 4 minute mark:

[YOUTUBE]PI-X2oOSFX8[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Mikesa1721

Having sailed the Divina in the Caribbean 2 years ago ( we will sail again in November) I can tell you the night life was diverse and well attended... now we don't stay out much past midnight, so I can't tell you what the scene is like in the wee hours, but the crowds did not seem to be breaking up when we turned in. The dueling pianos were a foavrite of ours as well as the duo who played in the Piazza Del Doge..... great live music abounds!

did the spring break cruise in the Caribbean. there were lots of families on board, 1800 people under age 19. on your scale of night life I would say 7 or 8. they had a couple of kids disco night events which were packed and a lot of fun but they ended by 10. things did get quite a bit quieter after 11 pm or so most nights.

WE had back to back in 2014 .First cruise was before Xmas and we had older crowd and beautiful cruise . Second part was Xmas cruise with lots of Spanish families with tones of kids. (it was kids sail free cruise) I was about to jump overboard :eek: I learned one thing -never cruise on cruise ship Xmas time specially when it's kids sail free promotion.:eek:

We went in early December. The entertainment was fantastic...shows and lounges.

Most passengers weren't American. They knew how to dress well (I mean casually stylish) and there was an "aura of elegance".

Not many kids on board........

The Divina strikes me as an adult style ship. I can't imagine taking my kids on Divina. Not enough to keep them occupied. I would love to do the Divina overnight in San Juan eastern cruise but not on the Divina.

We will wait for Seaside, now that looks more like the ticket for kids and families.

It had the BEST shows and BEST night life I have had on any of my cruises. The thing was on our sailing the night life didn't pick up until after midnight, the disco was slammed every night, but not until after 12am or so. My son who is 4 loved this cruise, the kids program was incredible, and they treat the kids very very special.....

It had the BEST shows and BEST night life I have had on any of my cruises. The thing was on our sailing the night life didn't pick up until after midnight, the disco was slammed every night, but not until after 12am or so. My son who is 4 loved this cruise, the kids program was incredible, and they treat the kids very very special.....

I have heard incredible stories of the kids club, my daughter will be 4 at time of sailing, as of now she is on the passenger list, unless grandma want a long sleepover for the week, then perhaps we can enjoy the night life all night

I have heard incredible stories of the kids club, my daughter will be 4 at time of sailing, as of now she is on the passenger list, unless grandma want a long sleepover for the week, then perhaps we can enjoy the night life all night

So here is the cool part, for just 50.00 for the WHOLE cruise you can take advantage of the late hours. Late hours cover from 10pm until 2am every night, and yes just 50.00 for the entire 7 days. We did it and it was wonderful, but our little guy loves to cruise and was mad when we picked him up:)

Edited by skyking

So here is the cool part, for just 50.00 for the WHOLE cruise you can take advantage of the late hours. Late hours cover from 10pm until 2am every night, and yes just 50.00 for the entire 7 days. We did it and it was wonderful, but our little guy loves to cruise and was mad when we picked him up:)

Wow that is very reasonable, I don't think we would ever need a sitter till 2 am but it's good to have that in the back pocket

The Divina strikes me as an adult style ship. I can't imagine taking my kids on Divina. Not enough to keep them occupied. I would love to do the Divina overnight in San Juan eastern cruise but not on the Divina.

We will wait for Seaside, now that looks more like the ticket for kids and families.

My DD had her first cruise when she was 1 year old. She never was bored on any cruise line even on HAL. MSC so far her favorite line .

• 2 weeks later...
I believe April 23rd 2016 will be the first Eastern Caribbean itinerary with an overnight in San Juan.

The site I'm looking at says it leaves at 2 AM. I guess that's considered overnight.

Anyway, we were on a HAL cruise that came in at 9 and left at 11 PM so we rented a car and drove around the whole island, stopping in the places where they have the roasted pig. It was nice not to have to worry about getting back in time. However, I don't know what we'd do this time. Maybe go to the telescope.