Carnival - 2 Days in Cabo ???

djmess

Hey, there is a Carnival Miracle sailing in Jan and it says 2 days in Cabo.

It says First day - 9:30am - 6 pm, Second day says 7:30am - 4pm

Do you have to get back on the ship by 6pm? or can you just reboard sometime on that Second Day. Obviously prior to departure.

Basically want to know if you stay the night at a hotel/resort in Cabo (Yes, we know that would cost extra)

If you can stay off the ship over night, any suggestions of an All-Inclusive?

Thanks

On Carnival you have to be back on the ship at night. The ship goes out of port. I have heard of people getting permission to stay on shore, but risk not getting back on ship in the event the ship skips the 2nd day due to rough weather.

I believe Princess stays overnight in port. Check them out.

You can stay overnight in Cabo, you just have to arrange it ahead of time with guest services so they are not looking for you when it's time to sail the first night, and they have to let the customs people in Cabo know.

The Finisterra would be the closest AI to the tender pier. Marina Fiesta is about a 30 minute walk and is in the heart of the marina. It sells an AI package. There is also a new adults only resort, Breathless. This is on the far side of the marina with great views. You'll be able to watch the ship sail away.

You can stay overnight in Cabo, you just have to arrange it ahead of time with guest services so they are not looking for you when it's time to sail the first night, and they have to let the customs people in Cabo know.

The Finisterra would be the closest AI to the tender pier. Marina Fiesta is about a 30 minute walk and is in the heart of the marina. It sells an AI package. There is also a new adults only resort, Breathless. This is on the far side of the marina with great views. You'll be able to watch the ship sail away.

I just spoke with a Carnival Rep today and they said because of immigration/customs regulations, you must be back on board. I know not all reps are 100% reliable and I'm thinking that you can make arrangements just like you said.

Thanks for the info

I just spoke with a Carnival Rep today and they said because of immigration/customs regulations, you must be back on board. I know not all reps are 100% reliable and I'm thinking that you can make arrangements just like you said.

Thanks for the info

Unless it's changed within the past year, we met several people who have overnighted in Cabo sailing on both Carnival and Princess. Met one group that overnighted in Cabo and met the ship in La Paz the next day.

Figure out ahead of time how to get to your next port if the tenders aren't running the next day.

Edited by SadieN

Unless it's changed within the past year, we met several people who have overnighted in Cabo sailing on both Carnival and Princess. Met one group that overnighted in Cabo and met the ship in La Paz the next day.

Figure out ahead of time how to get to your next port if the tenders aren't running the next day.

Are arrangements made prior to cruise departure or once on board the ship?

Thanks for the info

I think I would call back and speak to someone else. You might put the question on the Carnival board and I bet there will be someone who has done it and knows the procedure.

We spent the night in Cabo about four years ago while cruising on the Splendor.

We talked to guest services as soon as we boarded and they requested a copy of our passports.

We booked the Melia, which was pricey, but it happened to be our anniversary night.

We took the water taxi to Medano beach and walked to the hotel.

It was a little worrisome to watch our ship sail away, but we had a very nice time.