Silly question #2,345 - Hair Dryers on Princess:

mcbain

We are on the Star Princess, Emerald Deck, and wanted to know if the room hair dryers are those small wall-attached hair dryers or are "better-than-average" hair dryers. My wife wants to pack one thinking the room one will be less wattage than the 1875 watt blow dryer we use for travel plus she is gun-shy about using them since on our last trip to a hotel, the little wall unit wall-dryer shorted out the entire room and had to be replaced!. Thanks.

haha, well as much of a pain as it may be to lug a blow dryer around, I always bring mine, because like thehotel ones, they just dont do it. I have thicker hair, and with the wall ones it takes about 20 min. to just get my hair basically dry. My own blow dryer, 5 minutes.

We are on the Star Princess, Emerald Deck, and wanted to know if the room hair dryers are those small wall-attached hair dryers or are "better-than-average" hair dryers. My wife wants to pack one thinking the room one will be less wattage than the 1875 watt blow dryer we use for travel plus she is gun-shy about using them since on our last trip to a hotel, the little wall unit wall-dryer shorted out the entire room and had to be replaced!. Thanks.
My LW would not only recommend that you bring one, but also that you bring a regular old power strip...useful for plugging in the portable, the cell phone, the camera battery recharger, the portable DVD player, etc.

Archived