Doable in PV?

Moondawgie

I did research, but I have a specific question about distance, etc.

We are a family of 6 (kids 8 and 10) going to PV on the Miracle.

Is it feasible to take the bus from the port to Centro? How much for each?

Can we walk from the point bus drops us off to Los Muerto Beach? How far/long is that walk?

Thanks for the info.

I did research, but I have a specific question about distance, etc.

We are a family of 6 (kids 8 and 10) going to PV on the Miracle.

Is it feasible to take the bus from the port to Centro? How much for each?

Can we walk from the point bus drops us off to Los Muerto Beach? How far/long is that walk?

Thanks for the info.

Yes very easy to do. Get the blue white bus with Centro on the window. It will be about 15-20 minutes. Pesos 7.50 per person per ride.

Gett of at Plaza Lazaro Cardenas, cross the square and you will very close to Playa Los Muertos.

Check maps on this site: http://vallartainfo.com/

Cruiseterminal on Hotelzone, Plaza Lazaro Cardenas and los Muertos on Southside. Maps in between as coordination for the busride.

On the way back take blue white bus with either Marina, Walmart/Sams or Ixtapa from the same square.

Again, you got great advise on your direct question regarding the bus...the poster ALWAYS gives great answers...

MY OPINION..

The bus ride will equate to about 5$

for $7, or 105 Pesos, you can grab a cab on the street right outside the port gates, and get a direct ride to wherever you want to go.

No riding a bus in who knows what weather conditions, crowded, etc.

If you know when you want to come back, the taxi will be there to bring you back,

If you want suggestions on where to eat, or shop, they are very good about suggestions.

You will have no problem finding an English speaking cabbie.

Do your research, if you know where you want to go, they will take you.

On our last visit in August, we just asked him to take us to a great spot to hang out for day on Los Muertos. we wanted to jet skl, para sail, eat and lounge.

He took us to La Palapas, introduced us to the owner/ manager...we were given a hut on the beach, and amazing service.

All water activities were right in front of us, no need to go find a vendor.

I know you asked about the bus...forgive me if I am out of line..

This forum is to exchange ideas, share experiences and help a fellow cruiser with information.

I hope this is taken in the spirit intended.

We have done this itinerary at least 8 times.

Best of luck and have a great cruise

Yes very easy to do. Get the blue white bus with Centro on the window. It will be about 15-20 minutes. Pesos 7.50 per person per ride.

Gett of at Plaza Lazaro Cardenas, cross the square and you will very close to Playa Los Muertos.

Check maps on this site: http://vallartainfo.com/

Cruiseterminal on Hotelzone, Plaza Lazaro Cardenas and los Muertos on Southside. Maps in between as coordination for the busride.

On the way back take blue white bus with either Marina, Walmart/Sams or Ixtapa from the same square.

Take the bus. It can be a fun ride. FYI, the bus can get hot and stuffy.

It will take longer than a taxi due to all the stops. Also, you might have to wait for a taxi van, as there are fewer of them than a regular taxi.

The 1st time we took the bus, we told the driver where we wanted to go, we sat in front, and the driver let us know when to get off.

To catch the bus from the port, walk to the street and turn left.

Coming back, get off the bus before you get to WalMart. If you don't, the bus turns up the street, and then you have to get off about 1/4 mile further.

Thank you so much for this helpful information.

One more question: is it necessary to walk the whole Malecon to LMB in order to get the full feeling with shops, restaurants, etc. or is it worth it to just go straight to Los Muertos Beach? In your opinion.

If you want a beach day with water activities, then there will be time left for shopping.

Most shops sell the same basic stuff. If you are looking for specific things, i.e leather, or silver or art, then research ahead and go to those shops directly.

Otherwise, truly, it will be pretty much identical.

For shopping for us, after a few hours at the beach, we walk to RIO CUALE.

This is a bit more unique as it is on the river ( Rio ), and the experience of a more shaded and different atmosphere, elevates the fun of shopping here.

Kids would like seeing the river, too.

Restaurants:

Are you looking to Bar Hop, get deals on beer and chips and salsa, then definitely stay on Malecon and go to all the different places, that can be fun, and we have done that.

But again, if you are going to spend time on the beach, you have a better chance of palapa huts, loungers, umbrellas at no charge by eating at the restaurant on the beach.

Kinda evaluate the experience you want, or heck, just go and play it by ear.

It may be windy and chilly, so a beach day gives way to more shopping.

The last time we were there, it was 108 degrees with 98% humidity, we could Not walk to shop, the heat drained us.

We were blessed to just stay on the beach.

The Malecon is definitely a great place to walk and shop and browse.

The beach is a great place to chill, get wet, say no to bout a million vendors evey ten minutes.......

Have fun!!!

I have to agree with cruisinitaliano. Grab a cab and have them drop you off at the "new pier". From there, wander North on the Malecon. There are so many places to see, cantinas, restaurants, flea markets, and sand sculptures.

I agree too, wander the cuale island. A charming and wonderfully shaded place, full of trinkets and treasures that you probably don't need, but still a truly fun adventure. When you tire, just grab a cab back to the cruise docks. There are lots of cabs on the Malecon, and although they are a bit more than the bus, you will not have to worry about grabbing the wrong bus and ending up somewhere other than your expected destination. I say this because even though my Bride and I travel to PV twice a year, we still have been known to jump on the wrong bus....not a problem...but we don't have a timeline to catch a ship!

The busride is 7,50 Pesos per person, which is NOT $ 5,-- but just over 50 cents. If you pay US$ 1,- you might get change in Pesos, dollar cents are not accepted. Or of course pay in Pesos if you have some.

Regular cabs will not carry 6 persons, you need a bigger one or take 2 cabs.

When I mentioned $5, I mistakenly read OP as needing 8 people ( 6 adults, 2 kids ) Mea Culpa, ans so, depending on exchange rate, it could be close to $5.

Again....EXPERIENCE shows that whenever we could not fit into a cab, they call a van that arrives very quickly.

It is less expensive than the Vans inside the port gates.

Ine, I am NOT saying one is better than the other...

I am sharing our successful experiences in an effort to guide, suggest, answer and respond to a Poster asking questions.

I have complimented your responses as being very good advise to the many questions that are asked.

SOMETIMES, your added input comes off as dismissive to other points of view.

Express your opinions, then let others opinions go...allow the POSTER and all the others that read the post to make a decision based on their evaluation of the advise / answer/ suggestion given.

Taxis are everywhere. If you are on the malecon, there are taxis waiting at the end of the streets perpendicular to the malecon and at most corners.

We have found that if we want to go to WalMart, we will pay $6. If we want to go to the port, it is $8.

Edited by Rosefloater

If we take a taxi to the Malecon and walk to the municipal market, how do we get a cab back to the ship? Are there taxi stands?

Taxis at almost any corner, but always check the rate before boarding a cab.