Puerto Vallarta Question

lightsleeper

It's several miles to the Malecon. Could take a bus to 'Centro' for 7.5 pesos/pp

Depending on time of year it will be very hot and humid.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

not what I asked, may have stated it wrong

we ARE taking bus/taxi both directions

Want to know were to initially take transport to and then we will walk

In the morning you will find more shade on the Malecon, which makes walking a bit more pleasant.

You will find more restaurants etc. in and around Playa los Muertos.

That could be a reason to start your walk on the Malecon going to old town.

• 2 weeks later...

Agree, walk the Malecon first and work your way toward the old town (Romantic Zone). Great restaurants and bars in town close to the Malecon and some along the Malecon. Enjoy the old town and taxi/bus back from there.

• 4 weeks later...
In the morning you will find more shade on the Malecon, which makes walking a bit more pleasant.

You will find more restaurants etc. in and around Playa los Muertos.

That could be a reason to start your walk on the Malecon going to old town.

hi Ine

have you ever joined any of the walking food tours in PV?

I was thinking I'd love to join one on our second morning in PV - I would appreciate your advice on this.

A walking tour of the romantic zone is nice, an eating tour is even better and a nice way to learn the town!

If you're spending the night I would highly recommend the Rhythms of the Night experience if you haven't done that. Very nice evening show and great buffet and a nice boat ride to Las Caletas.

hi Ine

I was thinking I'd love to join one on our second morning in PV - I would appreciate your advice on this.

No I never did, since we know various restaurants, fastfoods/foodstand etc. that are our favorites. I heard some good reviews about them however, but realise there is walking involved from one stand/restaurant to the other. I think foodtours take place in the late afternoon, not sure about mornings.

Edited by Ine

A walking tour of the romantic zone is nice, an eating tour is even better and a nice way to learn the town!

If you're spending the night I would highly recommend the Rhythms of the Night experience if you haven't done that. Very nice evening show and great buffet and a nice boat ride to Las Caletas.

Are there many kids at the Rhythms of the Night??

hi Ine

There's a mercado within walking distance of the ship. Walk across the street, towards then behind Sam's Club. At the light, the mercado will be at the southwest corner. Lots of restaurants.

Edited by SadieN

There's a mercado within walking distance of the ship. Walk across the street, towards then behind Sam's Club. At the light, the mercado will be at the southwest corner. Lots of restaurants.

thank you- we'll take a look

Are there many kids at the Rhythms of the Night??

No we didn't see any kids. The experience is a relaxing boat and ride and a great buffer dinner with drinks followed by the show. We met several people who have been repeatedly, they take family and friends when visiting and they themselves love going again.

You can get tickets cheaper at another outlet and I'd have to dig up that name...

No we didn't see any kids. The experience is a relaxing boat and ride and a great buffer dinner with drinks followed by the show. We met several people who have been repeatedly, they take family and friends when visiting and they themselves love going again.

You can get tickets cheaper at another outlet and I'd have to dig up that name...

It might be cheaper (but not always possible due contract Vallarta Adventures and cruiselines) to book elsewhere. However be sure you will be back on time. Cruisepassengers sometimes have different schedules because of this then regular (local booked) passengers.

It might be cheaper (but not always possible due contract Vallarta Adventures and cruiselines) to book elsewhere. However be sure you will be back on time. Cruisepassengers sometimes have different schedules because of this then regular (local booked) passengers.

Ine, actually this agent works closely with VA and is a partner, just cheaper and better we found. :) I'll take the time to find it again and report back or you may find it as I did when researching.

There are 2 trips to the show at least some nights (we haven't done it in a couple years), we enjoy getting there just before sunset for dinner and seeing the show in the dark, a very nice experience. They also work with cruisers, but I recommended it to raringtogo because it sounds like she's spending the night in PV. Great evening! ;)

.....adding on

Cruise pax need to confirm ship time v port time. Many cruises we've been off by an hour.