Cabo San Lucas Corridor Bus

jwalk03

My question is not really cruise related, but so many people on here have such a wealth of knowledge I thought I would ask here anyway.

We are going to Los Cabos for our honeymoon in 2 weeks! We are staying at Secrets Puerto Los Cabos, which I understand is quite a ways from actual Cabo San Lucas, but we still want to go to the marina area in Cabo at least 1 day while we are there.

The hotel told us a cab ride is around $55 each way, but I read on a tripadvisor review that there is actually a local bus that runs up and down the corridor that you can ride. I was thinking of riding the bus from Secrets to the Marinia to spend the day and then taking a cab back at night.

Can anyone tell me more about the bus? How easy will it be to catch? What hours does it run? How far is the walk from the resort to the corridor road where the bus runs? I understand it's very cheap like only a few pesos? I am a pretty big guy and not easily intimidated so I'm not really worried from a safety perspective, particularly during the day, and as I mentioned we will likely just take a cab back at night versus trying to take e bus back.

Any other useful information you can offer is also much appreciated, as this will be our first time in Cabo!! We are going there again in October as well as a cruise port stop with our 2 year old daughter too, so hopefully we can find some cool things on this trip that will make our cruise stop in October more enjoyable as well.

We took this bus when we were staying at the Holiday Inn Los Cabos some years ago.

It was very cheap, only a couple/few dollars?? Pesos only as I recall.

We had to walk out to the Corridor road by the Mega store, which was maybe 3/4 mile from the Holiday Inn, but it looks like Dreams is a lot farther from that road.

My recollection is that the ride took maybe 45 minutes?

The bus stop for the return was adjacent to the Puerto Paraiso Mall.

Our resort offered a 'tour' to Cabo San Lucas with return for something like $40 per person.

gary

• 1 year later...

we to stayed at holiday inn in san jose.took a $5 dollars cab ride to the main st. got the bus to cabo.went on a sunset cruise and came back around 11 p.m.the bus stops along the way.mostly workers going home at that time of night.went to walmart got the cab back to our hotel.easy.no need to spend lots of money.just find out the bus timetable and wave the bus down.

• 3 weeks later...