Puerto Vallarta - Day Pass at Hotel?

Windsailer

Marriott Hotel also offers daypasses. Check it with them.

You need a cab to get there since they are on the other side of the port, not walking distance. They have a pass on which part of the money is for food and drinks.

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone recently gotten a Day Pass in PV? I've sent several emails to the Krystal but haven't received a reply. Any other suggestions based on a recent visit?

Greetings from Now Amber Puerto Vallarta!

Thank you for contacting us in regards to your upcoming visit. In an effort to provide you with the highest level of service Yes, our resort does offer Day Passes for visitors to enjoy their time in Puerto Vallarta with us.

Our resort welcomes guests through the purchase of a Day or Night Pass depending on availability.

Day Pass at Now Amber is $65.00 USD per adult. And it is good from 9 am to -5 pm. Anything after 6:00 pm is considered a night pass.

Children Day Passes are $32.50 USD per child.

The night pass fee is $75.00 USD Secrets (only adults) & $65 USD Now; good from 18:00pm to 1:00am.

Both passes off you access to all common areas, restaurants, shows, bars, pools and access to beach towels as well as the Explorers club for the little ones.

Anyone in your party who is not registered will automatically be charged $200.00 USD

Amenities and services not included are not limited to:

• Spa services, phone calls, Wi-Fi (internet access), bottles of wine, lobster, extra persons, room service & laundry

It would be our pleasure to answer any questions about service/amenities of concern to become a Preferred Club Member.

ID is requited for registration. Please be prepared to leave it with our staff at the front desk at time of payment.

We thank you for your preference and look forward to welcoming you soon!

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further questions or concerns.

Cordially

César Vega

Social Media eConcierge

Secrets Vallarta Bay &

Now Amber

David Alfaro Siqueiros 164

Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco

Tel 322 2262900 Ext 7105

info.sevpv@secretsresorts.com

info.noapv@nowresorts.com

• 2 weeks later...
Check out resortforaday.com they just added RIU Pacifico Day Passes today! I cannot wait to visit there.

Rius hotel are in Nuevo Vallarta, not Puerto Vallarta. A cabride will take around 30-40 minutes to get there.

• 3 months later...

Any final opinions on what people ended up doing? We are going in march with 3 kids - 8 yr old, 6 year old and 3 year old. Want a kid friendly pool, decent food, and a beach that has soft sand and the kids can play in the water.

Does PV, Cabo, or Mazatlan have any recommendations? I heard of Krystal in PV but it got pretty poor reviews. Thoughts?

We're going in a couple weeks with kids and are going to try Crown Paradise Club (looks very kid friendly) and Hotel Krystal. We did Hotel Krystal probably 6 years ago now and it was fine. It's not high end, but we enjoyed the beach and the pool. Unfortunately our travel agent called both of these resorts and both indicated they don't do day passes anymore. I'm not sure I believe that though, so we will try. And maybe have a back up plan in case they really don't. I find it hard to believe they don't. Unless they are just so full with over night guests that they can't handle day guests.

• 2 months later...

The RIU was amazing. It was gorgeous and the grounds were top notch. We were only disappointed in the fact that it was a red flag day and the ocean was unswimmable on property (but it looked like other beaches more inward/protected were ok, so,that is something to be aware of if you are wanting a Pacific Ocean experience.)

The drinks were plentiful (but poolside bars didn't open until around 11.) I don't feel like we had enough time there with needing to get back for tendering. If I were in Cato for the "overnight" I feel like it would b more bang for your buck. However, it was lovely and I'd enjoy going back just for a vacation.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Does anyone have a recent experience with the Marriott Day Pass?

I contracted Marriott and they quoted 550 ($30.22)Pesos for Pass 450 ($25.27) credit toward food and drink. Seems like a pretty good deal. Pictures are beautiful on website.

I contracted Marriott and they quoted 550 ($30.22)Pesos for Pass 450 ($25.27) credit toward food and drink. Seems like a pretty good deal. Pictures are beautiful on website.

Not with the daypass, price is good indeed. However we have been to Marriott various times for brunch, dinner etc. Very nice location, nice gardens and great pool.

Did any of you ever end up going to Krystal? Any info is appreciated :)

Krystal Hotel is slowly taken over by Hilton as allin hotel. Another big building has been built for Hilton on the grounds of Krystal. As Krystal was an older hotel with large gardens but a major parts of the ground (and one of the pools) are now Hilton. So I wouldnot be surprised if they donot give any daypasses anymore.

We did day passes at the Marriott in December. You pay for them at the cabana to the right of the pool at the end closer to the beach. We thought it was a great value, the food and drinks were very good and we had very good service. The pool is lovely, but we didn't get to enjoy the beach as the surf was too high that day.

We liked our location, the first row of loungers facing the beach by the railing where the vendors couln't bother us. There are also loungers right on the beach which stayed mostly empty. We got there 9:30ish and had our pick, and it was quite peaceful for quite a while. Around noon a lot of the hotel guests began filling up the pool area post-golf and it got a bit lively, but not at all crazy.

The grounds are very pretty and there is a separate childrens pool with sprays and things to play on. The concierge easily got us a taxi back to the ship.

We did day passes at the Marriott in December. You pay for them at the cabana to the right of the pool at the end closer to the beach. We thought it was a great value, the food and drinks were very good and we had very good service. The pool is lovely, but we didn't get to enjoy the beach as the surf was too high that day.

We liked our location, the first row of loungers facing the beach by the railing where the vendors couln't bother us. There are also loungers right on the beach which stayed mostly empty. We got there 9:30ish and had our pick, and it was quite peaceful for quite a while. Around noon a lot of the hotel guests began filling up the pool area post-golf and it got a bit lively, but not at all crazy.

The grounds are very pretty and there is a separate childrens pool with sprays and things to play on. The concierge easily got us a taxi back to the ship.

Thank you MJC! Going to do this one in Peurto Vallarta!

There were private taxis parked inside at the pier but we just walked across the street to the mall and got a yellow cab to the Marriott. I think it was $6 plus we tipped $2. The ride is only 6 or 7 minutes depending on traffic.

If I remember correctly, they told us we'd have to show our passports to pay with cash. Since we don't take them ashore, we just paid by cc.

We did not. We had originally intended to go to the Hyatt Ziva but they wouldn't guarantee us passes until we arrived, and given how far it was with no guarantee we'd get in, we decided on our second choice the Marriott instead. We were very happy it worked out that way because it was so convenient.

Hi I have been unable to find an email address for the marriott, we would like to contact them about a day pass from the UK, can you provide an email address?

I don't have an email address for them. I speak a little Spanish so I called the hotel and asked for someone who speaks English.

They do have a FB page where you can send messages, or you can contact their UK customer service:

Europe/Middle East/United Kingdom/

South Africa

44 20 7012 7312

0699 508 6492 (from Germany)

+971 4 449 0841 (from UAE)

0-21-4276486 (from South Africa)

8:00am - 6:00pm, Monday - Friday (GMT)

9:00am - 5:30pm, Saturday (GMT)

10:30am - 7:00pm, Sunday (GMT)

Just a general note on day passes. Some resorts ration them according to how busy they are. Passes are easier to get during off-peak times, like early December when we were there. I had confidence we would get in because there were bargains on the resort's rooms at that time, indicating that they weren't full. I used Hotels.com to monitor the room rates and I could see them going down over time. If they are really expensive that's a sign in the other direction and I would check in advance if day passes are offered at all. We were turned away from a resort in Roatan for that reason and ended up (again) at our second choice. Which turned out just fine, but good to have a second choice on hand. :)

Edited by MJC
add info

• 1 year later...