Los Veranos Canopy Office in PV

kruzkraziness

Has anyone walked to the Los Veranos Canopy Office in PV from the ship? The ticket that was emailed says to walk, I am curious as to how far? How long it will take us or should we take a cab. Directions say to exit Marina and go to the PEMEX gas station and turn right towards the OXXO convenience store then walk to Soriana Grocery. Having no idea of any of these landmarks, I was looking for a little more clearer explanation. Thanks.

Has anyone walked to the Los Veranos Canopy Office in PV from the ship? The ticket that was emailed says to walk, I am curious as to how far? How long it will take us or should we take a cab. Directions say to exit Marina and go to the PEMEX gas station and turn right towards the OXXO convenience store then walk to Soriana Grocery. Having no idea of any of these landmarks, I was looking for a little more clearer explanation. Thanks.

That is probably a pickup point, but not the office of Los Veranos.

You cannot miss it, you will see The Pemex gasstation at the corner of the highway and the road going from the cruise terminal. Just a few steps from there to the Soriana Supermarket. Less then 5 minutes walk.

• 4 weeks later...

How was Los Veranos?

My wife and 2 teenage daughters absolutely loved it!!

Most reviews on these boards, and there are many, are very positive.

Los Veranos does not book through the cruise lines. You can go for $67.

Compare that to a cruise ship excursion of $99 or more.

You go to a pick up point, and an open truck picks you up, stops at a few other meeting places, then heads to the main office in the mountains.

Once there, a final group of folks loads up and heads for the 20 minute ride to the sight.

The staff are excellent.

The owner is usually around, and easy to talk with. They have pictures in albums of the sight having been washed away in several hurricanes.

The restaurant and beer are really yummy and tasy, too.

This zip line has the most and highest available in port. GOOGLE Los Veranos and see you tube videos, read reviews etc.

The staff are great, funny and very comforting for the less daring to get them feeling confident.

There is a small cage with tiny monkees, the guides always have smakes and lizards to show.

It is a great day. If you choose to go, I am quite confident you will have had a fun time.

The guys will load you up and return you to the ship directly, with lots of time to spare.

CAUTION: when you book with Los Veranos, your tour time is PUERT VALLARTA time.

You will need to be at the meeting place at say, 9 a.m.

The ship time will be 8a.m.

If you go to meeting place and you did not compensate for local time, you will have missed your ride.

A family on our last cruise did this, had to pay a $30 cab ride to go directly to the sight.

Have a blast!!

They take pictures and you buy them if you choose at the end.

They do solicit tips, but they were so great with my girls and wife, giving them a bit extra was a no brainer.

My wife and 2 teenage daughters absolutely loved it!!

Most reviews on these boards, and there are many, are very positive.

Los Veranos does not book through the cruise lines. You can go for $67.

Compare that to a cruise ship excursion of $99 or more.

You go to a pick up point, and an open truck picks you up, stops at a few other meeting places, then heads to the main office in the mountains.

Once there, a final group of folks loads up and heads for the 20 minute ride to the sight.

The staff are excellent.

The owner is usually around, and easy to talk with. They have pictures in albums of the sight having been washed away in several hurricanes.

The restaurant and beer are really yummy and tasy, too.

This zip line has the most and highest available in port. GOOGLE Los Veranos and see you tube videos, read reviews etc.

The staff are great, funny and very comforting for the less daring to get them feeling confident.

There is a small cage with tiny monkees, the guides always have smakes and lizards to show.

It is a great day. If you choose to go, I am quite confident you will have had a fun time.

The guys will load you up and return you to the ship directly, with lots of time to spare.

CAUTION: when you book with Los Veranos, your tour time is PUERT VALLARTA time.

You will need to be at the meeting place at say, 9 a.m.

The ship time will be 8a.m.

If you go to meeting place and you did not compensate for local time, you will have missed your ride.

A family on our last cruise did this, had to pay a $30 cab ride to go directly to the sight.

Have a blast!!

They take pictures and you buy them if you choose at the end.

They do solicit tips, but they were so great with my girls and wife, giving them a bit extra was a no brainer.

This is SO helpful! thank you!!

My hubby is concerned the kids hands will get stuck, or cramp up and they will let go. How "fit" does one need to be?

As for fitness, not much.

Don't worry bout kids, many quite often ride handless, anyway, turning upside down, or throwing hands in air as if on a roller coaster might do.

You are not dependent on holding on. You are strapped in by your back side, and it is kinda like a seat of leather holding you.

You are trained to use your hands for the braking mechanism, but saw lots of folks come flying into the platform, and the guides catch them.

Seriously, look at some videos on you tube!!

As for fitness, not much.

Don't worry bout kids, many quite often ride handless, anyway, turning upside down, or throwing hands in air as if on a roller coaster might do.

You are not dependent on holding on. You are strapped in by your back side, and it is kinda like a seat of leather holding you.

You are trained to use your hands for the braking mechanism, but saw lots of folks come flying into the platform, and the guides catch them.

Seriously, look at some videos on you tube!!

Thanks so much for the suggestion!

I watched TONS and feel so much better! If anything, they seem to be going pretty slowly.

I emailed them and am waiting for a reply! Can't wait! Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app