SD First timers Nov 29

popper

Looking forward to try SeaDream I in Nov, having mostly cruised Regent. Is there a way to find out if there is a large group booking on this cruise? Also, getting conflicting info about need for jackets in the formal dining room - YouTube video by managing director Magowan said 'no dress code, what I'm wearing is fine' - a blue blazer and shirt, no tie....:rolleyes:

Info from SD cruisers appreciated :)

Looking forward to chill at White Bay BVI!

Looking forward to try SeaDream I in Nov, having mostly cruised Regent. Is there a way to find out if there is a large group booking on this cruise? Also, getting conflicting info about need for jackets in the formal dining room - YouTube video by managing director Magowan said 'no dress code, what I'm wearing is fine' - a blue blazer and shirt, no tie....:rolleyes:

White Bay, Jost van Dyke is a favorite stop of ours in the Caribbean. Be sure to visit the Soggy Dollar Bar as well as others like the One Love Bar. Lots of fun. I usually take a Navy sportcoat to wear in the Main Dining Room or on deck when it might be chilly. Not required but you will see several sport coats. It is also ok with slacks and a Polo type shirt. As long as you shower after the beach you are usually ok.:eek::D:D:D

Jacket or no jacket, it really depends on what you are most comfortable in. Like Jim, I have a jacket for the airplane, and might wear it once more, depending on the weather. With a " collared " shirt you will be vey comfortable, if that is is what you prefer. I don't think you see many polo shirts in the evening, but certainly short sleeves and a few Hawaiians drift through too on most voyages. Very relaxed to very elegant, depending on who is on board....

Welcome to our little corner of CC popper!

You can call the Miami office to find out if there any large groups on your sailing.

As Jim and abenaki has advised you will be fine without a blazer in the dining room. My DH (DJ's DH) takes his blazer and wears it maybe once on the voyage. He mostly wears Tommy Bahama type collared shirts in the dining room and polo/golf shirts on deck.

Hope that helps!

Dress Code? jacket? ties? Leave it home, but having said that I often schlep a navy blazer along just because FT makes us eat on deck every night and I get cold, we haven't eaten in the dining room the past fove or six times we have cruised, but you are certainly not in need of a sport coat.

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to SeaDream, Popper and Sharee. My navy blazer (seems like we all have one) gets worn if we are eating in the dining room with the Captain or the Club Director (although she ate with us topside this summer). Unless the weather is bad, that is usually the only time we eat in the dining room. We much prefer eating on deck, which you can do any evening as long as the weather cooperates. Tell Silvio, the Maitre'd, at breakfast or lunch that you want to eat dinner topside and where you want to eat and with whom. We like to do the aft deck because it is more open. As others have said, any shirt with a collar and long pants, even in the dining room. Have never even brought a tie aboard.

You will be traveling with the best crew on the seas. Just lie back and enjoy.

Zimmy's DH

Jacket or no jacket, it really depends on what you are most comfortable in. Like Jim, I have a jacket for the airplane, and might wear it once more, depending on the weather. With a " collared " shirt you will be vey comfortable, if that is is what you prefer. I don't think you see many polo shirts in the evening, but certainly short sleeves and a few Hawaiians drift through too on most voyages. Very relaxed to very elegant, depending on who is on board....

We have SD friends from Europe and he invariably wears a SeaDream polo shirt to dinner most nights. It must be ok, it is a SeaDream shirt.:eek::D

Thanks everyone for the info.

Another question, we received an email a few days ago with etickets, itinerary, etc. Is there a mailed packet too, or is this it? Regent sent a pleather doc holder and bag tags, etc.... Not that we used them, but....

Thanks!

One more month until sailing!

• 1 month later...

Popper: We're sailing on SeaDream I in January--also our first cruise on SeaDream. Look forward to your impressions and comments on SeaDream--especially any excursions and how you access the islands on your itinerary--we're really looking forward to visiting new destinations as well as the experience of the ship and food.

Have a great trip!

Remember, if you want something, ask for it.

Want coffee on deck at 5am, pick up the nearest phone and ask that it be delivered to where you are. Music too loud, ask that it be turned down. Want french fries at dinner? Ask for them. And so on. However, I had no luck when I asked for a gold bar :(

So kt was YOU who asked for the music to be turned down !!!!!

Time to go on Silver Seas Raggy !

Remember, if you want something, ask for it. :(

My favorite thing to ask for while lying on a bali bed in the afternoon is a bowl of pop corn. Ten minutes later it seems like everyone is eating pop corn. Bon voyage, Popper and Sharee.

Zimmy's DH

My favorite thing to ask for while lying on a bali bed in the afternoon is a bowl of pop corn. Ten minutes later it seems like everyone is eating pop corn. Bon voyage, Popper and Sharee.

Zimmy's DH

Ha!! Great minds, Zimmy - am also one who asks for popcorn to munch on.... usually as I'm heading off to our cabin. Tastes so good, but then so does most of the food that's served on SD! ;)

Enjoy your cruise, Popper and Sharee - hope you'll check in here when you can.

So kt was YOU who asked for the music to be turned down !!!!!

Time to go on Silver Seas Raggy !

Yes, one time upon returning in the afternoon from driving around in traffic on Sint Maartin we were hot and a bit on edge and went up to the TOTY bar and the only one there was the hipster bartender and he had the music blaring (how's that for a run-on sentence....). After having to shout to be heard I asked him to turn the music down and he did so with a smile.

Music should be heard and not felt, until 9pm, then crank it up!

Yes, one time upon returning in the afternoon from driving around in traffic on Sint Maartin we were hot and a bit on edge and went up to the TOTY bar and the only one there was the hipster bartender and he had the music blaring (how's that for a run-on sentence....). After having to shout to be heard I asked him to turn the music down and he did so with a smile.

Music should be heard and not felt, until 9pm, then crank it up!

Well said !