SD II December 13

fpebbles

St Thomas to St Juan

We've checked, and they say the air conditioning is working. Although I didn't have a Plan B if it wasn't... Wouldn't stay on St Thomas--maybe go to St Juan? Now I'm less worried about air conditioning and will move my worries to my plane connection.

Haven't heard much from the November 29 sailors. This could be good or bad news.

Anyone else going to be with us December 13?

Hi fpebbles!

Hope you have a great cruise! And I hope the air is working. As you probably read, the air worked part of the time on our last SDI cruise. Nothing as bad as Ho Hum experienced on SDII.

Would love to be with you, but we will be getting ready to experience our first Christmas with Miss Lucy! Oh she is so cute!

Please report on your cruise! Hope it is a great one!

I hope the air is working. As you probably read, the air worked part of the time on our last SDI cruise. Nothing as bad as Ho Hum experienced on SDII.

Report from friends currently on board SDII is that A/C is ok so far. Will provide updates as received.

We will miss all of you!

Am currently at DTW. Please keep fingers crossed for me as Trip-it says my connection in Boston is "at risk." The rest of my party is already in St Thomas. I would be with them but work--so pesky.

Was offered upgrades so know the boat isn't full full.

MRDSNYDRMR said last night he was packing a black marker to write on "our" chairs. I said we'd just leave our sea slug t-shirts there and that should do it. :D

fpebbles, hope you make your flight!! Nothing like a little airport stress to get those vacation juices flowing! :eek:

Wishing you, Mr. Sea Slug, & the rest of your group a wonderful, RELAXING cruise. Please hoist a glass of the bubbly for us since we'll also be there with you all in spirit! :D

Made my connection and am now hanging out in San Juan's new terminal for five hours waiting to fly to St Thomas. That wasn't a complaint, I'm grateful I made the flight--tho still jealous of my companions who are now sleeping their travels off in St Thomas! Sounds like an excuse to get on board and nap on a Bali bed. 😊

Happily on board. Only disapointed that none of you surprised us with your company. 76 potential friends did join us. Will be traveling in tandem with SD I for the first few days. They have ~42.

We went over to SD I to say hi to some crew. Lots of new faces on both ships. Of course we were sailing 2-3 times per year for a while and haven't been on for ~ 15 months so I can't begrudge the turnover. Everyone we've met has had a great spirit.

My room is too warm so I've already had maintenance out. As I prefer it polar we'll see if they can make me happy in this regard. Unlikely.

Unofficially I've heard that they've had the health inspection today and scored a 95. Dinner delayed until 8 but snackage still started at 6 and we are not wanting for nourishment.

Very happy to be here.

Most everyone off to St. John's. I am in my chair. Perfection.

I DID wake up cold last night! Yay! Now that's air conditioning!

Complimented Sudesh this morning. The meal last night was excellent. Food had always been good but this was a notch improved (same menu). And this is with us getting persnickety-er in our advancing years.

They still apparently put the sleeping drugs in the food tho. ☺️ We did hit the piano bar for a nightcap but no one singing.

So you see, we NEED your company!

If I knew how to post pictures Id put on a shot of sea dream 1 off our right hind end (is that starboard aft). Beautiful.

Most everyone off to St. John's. I am in my chair. Perfection.

I DID wake up cold last night! Yay! Now that's air conditioning!

Complimented Sudesh this morning. The meal last night was excellent. Food had always been good but this was a notch improved (same menu). And this is with us getting persnickety-er in our advancing years.

They still apparently put the sleeping drugs in the food tho. ☺️ We did hit the piano bar for a nightcap but no one singing.

So you see, we NEED your company!

If I knew how to post pictures Id put on a shot of sea dream 1 off our right hind end (is that starboard aft). Beautiful.

Are you using an ipad fpebbeles ?

If so, ho hum can talk you through it....it's simpler than you think.

Hohum--been using phone since still in AT&T domestic waters but will switch to iPad tomorrow. Just prefer to communicate from my spot by the pool and wifi doesn't come here. Please send instructions.

Lovely day. Why do they go so quickly?

Hohum--been using phone since still in AT&T domestic waters but will switch to iPad tomorrow. Just prefer to communicate from my spot by the pool and wifi doesn't come here. Please send instructions.

Lovely day. Why do they go so quickly?

So fpebbles, ho hum assumes you can take a photo on your iPad (let ho hum know if you can't...ho hum promises not to tell a soul !!).

so when you are composing your reply you will see a screen that shows what you are typing ABOVE which are all sorts of symbols........now on the top line (from the left hand side) is an "A" & a crossed "A" then a Font box followed by a Sizes box, then a "Smiley" face and then what looks like a "PAPER-CLIP".

You CLICK the "PAPER-CLIP" and what is revealed is a new screen entitled: "MANAGE ATTACHMENTS".

On the top box is "Upload File from your Computer" CLICK on "Choose File" and it will suggest either "Take Photo" or "Photo from Library".

You select the photo you want to send.

Then CLICK "Upload" on right hand side.......wait a while until it is shown as an attachment then CLICK "Close this window".

This will return you to your draft message CLICK "Preview Post" and in the bottom should be your picture; you can then CLICK "Submit Reply"

Phew !!!! You are done.

Happy clicking.

Ho hum

Edited by ho-hum

SD I and II, Silverseas Spirit and the Eclipse.

The word on "the street" is that there are not as many yachts as usual gathered for this time of year.

image.jpg.602c913b21e44ab9caa0b2d615d0868e.jpg

Edited by fpebbles
Trying to put pic right side up