Wearing burkini in a cruise

Munaelisa

I don't know why a burkini wouldn't be allowed🤔 or do you mean wearing it in the pool and then wearing it in the ship?

There are all types of people on a cruise. With all sorts of clothing options on display.

When wearing an ordinary bikini most people would put ordinary clothes on top if they were going back in to the ship. Or some sort of wrap or loose dress.

There might be an issue wearing a burkini inside if it was still wet, as you don't want the furniture to get wet.

I hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

No just for swimming and to play with my kid in the kids pool. Yeah I usually wear beach dress on top of it if I want to go around and in case it wet I got and change if I am done with swimming. Yes you are right there are all sort of people so it should be fine. But I just wanted to double check since the last summer news in France. Thank you dear :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Apparently some cities in France are banning birkinis from pools and beaches this year:

http://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/French-Cities-Prepare-New-Burkini-Bans-for-the-Summer-20170708-0021.html

http://www.newsweek.com/burqa-ban-islam-europe-burkini-ban-france-629666

But MSC is an Italian cruise line and Italy does not ban birkinis at all. So I don't think that this would be a problem on a MSC ship. Finding a place to sit by the pool, yes, wearing a birkini, no. The only possible issue you might encounter would be fellow passengers. But then, there are rude people everywhere and I'm sure you are more than used to dealing with that unfortunately.

Edited by SuiteTraveler

I find it odd that some French authorities have banned the Burkini. Unlike the Mankini it does not reveal excessive views of the human form, in fact the reverse in comparison to many traditional swimming costume designs. Strangely the famous Frenchman, Jaques Cousteau invented the Aqua-Lung and many divers wear, as did Jaques, a rubber suit similar in basic design to the Burkini.

Regards John

I find it odd that some French authorities have banned the Burkini.

Two driving factors that I can think of. One is a somewhat militant antipathy towards wearing of any religious clothing or decor, roots to secularism from the French revolution. The second is pure Islamophobia and the far-right Front National of Jean-Marie Le Pen and now his daughter Marine is strong in southern France.

I find it odd that some French authorities have banned the Burkini. Unlike the Mankini it does not reveal excessive views of the human form, in fact the reverse in comparison to many traditional swimming costume designs. Strangely the famous Frenchman, Jaques Cousteau invented the Aqua-Lung and many divers wear, as did Jaques, a rubber suit similar in basic design to the Burkini.

Regards John

Has nothing to do with showing excessive skin. Complete opposite. Due to past issues.. suicide bombers, men hiding underneath burkas etc, clothing to hides identity or conceals hiding places is the issue

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Has nothing to do with showing excessive skin. Complete opposite. Due to past issues.. suicide bombers, men hiding underneath burkas etc, clothing to hides identity or conceals hiding places is the issue

I should think if you wanted to conceal yourself on a beach wearing standard swimwear like the vast majority of people will be your best bet. Wearing a Burkini will make you stand out like a beacon. The authorities will be able to single you out for processing very easily.

The French have always dealt with equality issues in a completely opposite way to how it is done in the UK. Here on all official forms people are asked at the end of the interview with the traffic stop etc.to disclose their ethnicity and all this data is collated and assessed into whether an equality status is being followed or has a racial bias crept in. In France all recording of ethnicity under these circumstances is not allowed.

Regards John

Thank you guys for your positives replies .. yes it should be everyone's right to wear what suits them. Some people wear it to protect their skin and others for their religious . I just want to enjoy my vacation with my family and do everything as everyone else :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe the French reaction was strictly for the religious/cultural aspect of it. After all, it's still ok to wear a bathing cap, a wetsuit, a rash guard, scuba gear or a dry suit on French beaches.