Caribe 712, interior on Ruby; Quad room for 2 people? Do loft beds cramp space?

junglejane

We've booked 3 cabins on the Ruby for a spring break cruise. One is an aft Caribe balcony and the other two are interiors. Initially we picked the Caribe balcony by picking the furthest forward of the available BD balconies because they are less expensive than the midship Caribe balconies. From there I just picked Caribe 712 and 716 for the interiors since they're near the balcony and the most forward available in that section. My question is: are C712 and C716 rooms where the loft beds when not in use still get in the way of those using the cabin? I've seen pictures on this forum where the loft beds when not in use still project out quite a ways from the wall. We don't really have to have the interiors near the balcony so I'm wondering if I should ask the TA to move them.

On the Princess website deck plan, those rooms don't look like they're any different from the rest of the aft interiors in that section. But when I looked on the Expedia website, those rooms as well as C711 and C717 on the starboard side are the only ones shown with a red diamond to designate they're quad rooms. This confuses me because if you search for a room for 4 on the Princess site, it shows a lot more of the interior rooms in that aft section as though they can all be quads.

We've booked 3 cabins on the Ruby for a spring break cruise. One is an aft Caribe balcony and the other two are interiors. Initially we picked the Caribe balcony by picking the furthest forward of the available BD balconies because they are less expensive than the midship Caribe balconies. From there I just picked Caribe 712 and 716 for the interiors since they're near the balcony and the most forward available in that section. My question is: are C712 and C716 rooms where the loft beds when not in use still get in the way of those using the cabin? I've seen pictures on this forum where the loft beds when not in use still project out quite a ways from the wall. We don't really have to have the interiors near the balcony so I'm wondering if I should ask the TA to move them.

On the Princess website deck plan, those rooms don't look like they're any different from the rest of the aft interiors in that section. But when I looked on the Expedia website, those rooms as well as C711 and C717 on the starboard side are the only ones shown with a red diamond to designate they're quad rooms. This confuses me because if you search for a room for 4 on the Princess site, it shows a lot more of the interior rooms in that aft section as though they can all be quads.

Yes!! You have to be a contortionist, and heads/shoulders will be bruised at some point.

I hate them!

The beds fold up AGAINST the wall and stick out approx 12 inches from the wall. :(

I agree with Colo & would never again make the mistake of having a quad occupancy cabin for two passengers. :eek:

junglejane...you've seen photos of these cabins & we had the lower twins made into a queen bed configuration in the middle of the cabin. That reduced the chances of banging our heads on the protruding closed upper bunks. Not perfect but better than remaining in a twin bed configuration with bunks directly overhead. Even with bringing a nightlight the closed upper bunks were not easy to see in the middle of the night.

I'd be much more concerned about the cabin's configuration than it's location.

If you wish to select another cabin go to the Princess web site. Put 3 or 4 as the number of occupants and those cabins will show. You then know which ones not to choose. Same with connecting cabins, check the connecting box. If there is anything special about the cabin the Princess site will show that in red when you click on the cabin. You do not have to go to a 3rd party web site. Use the source.

FYI, my TA moved the two interior rooms up to Baja deck right up the stairs from our Caribe balcony. Thanks for the help! I do wish the Princess website told you in a more straightforward way which cabins are quads. It appears that all the interior aft cabins on Dolphin, Caribe, Aloha and Riviera are quads, but you wouldn't know that if you just tried to book 2 people and didn't double check by revising your request to be for 4 people.

FYI, my TA moved the two interior rooms up to Baja deck right up the stairs from our Caribe balcony. Thanks for the help! I do wish the Princess website told you in a more straightforward way which cabins are quads. It appears that all the interior aft cabins on Dolphin, Caribe, Aloha and Riviera are quads, but you wouldn't know that if you just tried to book 2 people and didn't double check by revising your request to be for 4 people.

Thanks for the update & glad that you found better cabins for your family.

I strongly agree that they should display the icons on their larger online deck plans for each ship. In printed much smaller deck plans they provide small icons showing which are triple & quad occupancy & which are interconnected cabins. Unfortunately even that requires a magnifying glass to clearly view them.

It shouldn't be so difficult to discover cabin capacity & which cabins are interconnected.