Coffee

SpaceGirl

Sorry if this has been asked. I'm a coffee drinker, and I'm wondering if it is included with breakfast, or if we have to pay extra for it. If so, how much per cup? I just drink regular coffee with a bit of creamer and flavored syrup.

Coffee is free everywhere & anytime on the ship.

That coffee on most Princess ships is made from coffee concentrate & it's routine for questions such as yours to evolve into a debate on taste. On the Royal & Regal free coffee is made from ground coffee.

On all ships brewed coffee is available for a fee (sm-$1.25; lg-$1.75 plus 15% tip) at the International Cafe or you could purchase a coffee card for $35.65. That includes 15 specialty coffee drinks (valid on other cruises) and unlimited brewed coffee at the IC but only for the duration of your cruise where the card is purchased.

On the Royal & Regal coffee card punches are usable at Gelato's...one card punch instead of $3.50.

My wife brings small Coffee-mate French Vanilla single serve portions for her coffee because it's not available onboard.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Sorry if this has been asked. I'm a coffee drinker, and I'm wondering if it is included with breakfast, or if we have to pay extra for it. If so, how much per cup? I just drink regular coffee with a bit of creamer and flavored syrup.

Coffee in the buffet, HC, as well as dining rooms is always included. You should be aware that it is made from syrup and not brewed. While I can drink it in a pinch, it is not my go to for coffee. Almost all ships have an International Cafe, a 24 hour spot for lite snacks which also has brewed coffee, better teas and a barista mixing coffee drinks, think Starbucks. At that venue you pay for coffee as well as mixed coffee drinks. The

Royal class ships also have a spot for brewed coffee in the HC.

In this thread you will come across references to the Coffee Card. IMHO it is the best deal on the ship. For $31 you get free brewed coffee or good teas for the length of the cruise you are on. You also get 15 hole punches for, espresso, lattes, etc. One punch for one drink. Those punches do not outdate. If not used they can still be used on future cruises. Thus you are paying about $2 each for the specialty drinks while also getting free brewed coffee throughout the cruise. If on a Royal class a punch can also be used for a sundae in Gelato's.

Thank you, all! Extremely helpful! Yes, I do prefer brewed coffee, so I'll probably just get mine at the International Cafe. I'm not planning to buy a card, though; I only drink one a day (I feel jittery and sick if I drink more), and the person I'm traveling with doesn't drink coffee or tea. Do you know if they sell chai tea lattes (preferably Tazo brand) at International Cafe? I drink those when I'm not in the mood for coffee.

Tea brand they use is Mighty Leaf. Not sure about the chai lattes but ask the Barista what he/she can do. Also do as my wife often does and have them brew a tea and then pour it over ice. Much better than the ice tea in the HC. By the way , food at the IC changes, breakfast in AM, salads and Panninis midday with desserts. Also the hot spot for "cookies". Good for a quick snack or a small meal especially as you come back from an excursion.

Tea brand they use is Mighty Leaf. Not sure about the chai lattes but ask the Barista what he/she can do. Also do as my wife often does and have them brew a tea and then pour it over ice. Much better than the ice tea in the HC. By the way , food at the IC changes, breakfast in AM, salads and Panninis midday with desserts. Also the hot spot for "cookies". Good for a quick snack or a small meal especially as you come back from an excursion.

Thanks! Will probably just stick to coffee, then, as I'm not a huge tea drinker besides the chai, and I'm picky when it comes to chai. And I figured the menu differed depending on the time of day. Anything you recommend? :-)

The coffee from IC is a must. The coffee everywhere else is not good tasting. If you take the all inclusive beverage package, it's included as well as any other beverage from IC. They have Chai too...;):cool:

The coffee from IC is a must. The coffee everywhere else is not good tasting. If you take the all inclusive beverage package, it's included as well as any other beverage from IC. They have Chai too...;):cool:

I'm not going to be drinking that much of it. I'll only have one a day, and it's a seven-day cruise. And my travel companion doesn't drink any of that stuff.

Being a good husband I get up at 6, take my Princess mugs and transport myself to deck five, get them filled, leave a tip and transport myself back to our cabin - a ten minute run - we have that in our room then get them filled again when we go down for breakfast. One more tip - we like the flavored creamer so we get the quart bottles at the Publix and keep them in our frig.

OH - we do get a coffee card

The coffee at the buffet breakfast on the Regal and Royal are good.

It's available all day long in the buffet & not only at breakfast.

I've never seen any confirmation but with filtered coffee machines in the buffet, they probably have the same made from ground coffee machines for dining rooms & room service.

It's definitely better than the liquid stuff on the other ships.

My tastebuds definitely agree with you & resulted in fewer trips for brewed coffee :hot-beverage: at the IC which was free with our coffee card.

I really like my coffee, so i use the AreoPress, 1 - 3 cup coffee and expresso. I always travel with the AreoPress whether work or leisure, Makes better coffee than available in most places.

Just need hot water, 75 to 80 degrees C.

And fresh ground coffee.

It is light and compact.

To clean just push out the grounds with the small filter into the bin without mess.

I'm not going to be drinking that much of it. I'll only have one a day, and it's a seven-day cruise. And my travel companion doesn't drink any of that stuff.

If you are drinking one cup per day only then yes the card would not make sense to buy.

We've never been disappointed by a Princess cruise and we have taken six of them save for the coffee which is awful IMHO so I get a coffee card and yes I do drink more than one per day, about 3-4.

Enjoy your cruise and your Joe. :D :cool:

Coffee is about $2 a cup. A coffee card is $31 . One cup a day for 14 is the same as coffee card. If you buy a coffee cup it does include 15% gratuity. The card includes the gratuity.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Coffee is about $2 a cup. A coffee card is $31 . One cup a day for 14 is the same as coffee card. If you buy a coffee cup it does include 15% gratuity. The card includes the gratuity.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm going on a seven-day cruise, so it would be $14.

The "free" coffee is garbage, and the paid stuff adds up. Bring some Starbucks Via packets and get hot water from the Int'l Cafe (or wherever).

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

It really depends on the ship.

On the Royal class ships it's not all that bad.