Weather on Sea Days?

sjmbruce

When are you going? Sorry, crystal ball is not working.

As commonly discussed here, the first 24 or 36 hours (Southern California/Northern Baja Calfornia) can be cooler and at times rough, particularly northbound. Otherwise, the at sea temps will mimic the land temps, may a few degrees cooler.

I'm sailing July 8th for 7 days to cabo, mazatlan, pv on the miracle and I would like to know about the sea day weather too. We think it's going to be hot and humid the whole time so I would be pleasantly surprised if someone said it would be cooler the first few days. :) We're from CO though so 55 is flip flop weather and 80 is sweltering...lol

I'm sailing July 8th for 7 days to cabo, mazatlan, pv on the miracle and I would like to know about the sea day weather too. We think it's going to be hot and humid the whole time so I would be pleasantly surprised if someone said it would be cooler the first few days. :) We're from CO though so 55 is flip flop weather and 80 is sweltering...lol

That is why when you are going is important. Yes, July will be warmer...more humid. But at sea will still be a couple degrees cooler. So perhaps, high 80s and humid on shore....maybe lower 80s at sea. July is hurricane season in Mexico- hurricanes require warm water and air temps.

The issue with roughness the first 24 or 36 hours has to do with currents in the area.

• 1 month later...

First day down and last day back could be cool and a bit windy on deck. Bring a sweater. With that said, I've done 8 or 9 Mexican Riviera cruise and had a few cruises where the first and last day were warm. Just be prepared that in May it could be cool when you are at sea.

First day down and last day back could be cool and a bit windy on deck. Bring a sweater. With that said, I've done 8 or 9 Mexican Riviera cruise and had a few cruises where the first and last day were warm. Just be prepared that in May it could be cool when you are at sea.

The OP was going in early May....

Over Mexican Mother's Day the weather was perfect.

Barely a swell going down. Pleasant during the day, cold at night. Very windy going north.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are traveling on the same cruise July 8th!

• 1 month later...