Cabin under the Fitness Center??

exarche02

I am sailing in the Jade (June 13th) and just realized me cabin (#11516) is directly under the fitness center. For some reason I never looked at what was directly above...until now. I figured it was just the pool and left it at that. BIG MISTAKE. Has anyone had a bad experience with the gym being right above their cabin??

When were on the Dawn back in 2003, we were in the last AG under the gym/workout area...It was not good....

Vibration and the noise were not fun early in the morning esp. after being out all night : 0 and it would happen throughout the day if we happened to be in the cabin...

The areobics instructor wore a hands free head set so we heard and felt everything.

Hopefully you won't be affected by this on the Jade!

Your cabin looks like it is right between some suite rooms, would they put these suites in a place where they will get a lot of noise?

I don't know but I hope it will be ok for you. I don't think there are many rooms left now for you to get a move, but it may be worth trying.

You're right, there aren't many cabins left...and no AFs. I am so mad at myself...I had my choice of any of them when I first booked. Oh well. Anyone have any positive experiences being under the gym? :(

I was under the gym on the Spirit and there was definitely noticeable noise from the treadmills. Luckily for me, I'm a fairly heavy sleeper but I'm sure a light sleeper would be disturbed.

We sailed on the Jade when it was the POH, last Sept, and were in an AB penthouse, right under the freeweights. After the first night, we did complain, and they closed the gym from 11pm to 6pm. Also, for the rest of that week, we used earplugs, which helped a lot!!!

Hello Exarche02!

I am one cabin down from you and this is my first NCL cruise. I did not know this cabin was under the gym.

I called NCL and they told me that the gym closes at 11:00pm, so hopefully we can get some sleep :)

Guys...you are not making me feel better here! :o I checked and there is for sure no way to change my cabin, so I am stuck. Anyone ever have a cabin under the gym and not be bothered by the noise??

We were on the Sun in December and were right under the gym. It was very loud with weights being dropped etc. I would suggest moving to a different cabin if you can. This went on at all hours of the day and night.

Unfortunetely it goes on all of the night because it's after hours that the staff,crew and dancers get to use it.

NOW you will have a fantastic cruise!!! :D :D

I didn't want to tell you that the walls actually shook when the free weights were dropped.....which makes you jump out of your skin at 5am!!! :eek:

Have a wonderful time!!!

We just called our TA and happened to luck out and get a cabin change...not quite an upgrade but an extra 13 square feet in the new one too...oh yeah!:D

I thought all mini suites were the same size?

As to suites under the gym. Yep, they have done that. Somebody really was not thinking in the planning process. Based on first hand reports and messages here, you do not want to by under the gym. The treadmills are the worst.

A group of us are booked in minisuites under the fitness center and thanks to this thread I am urging the others to consider a move to the aft section. Just a few are left on portside and some are under LaCucina. Should that be a concern as well?

Since this is the first cruise for most of us, is this something we must work through our TA for or can we contact NCL directly?

A group of us are booked in minisuites under the fitness center and thanks to this thread I am urging the others to consider a move to the aft section. Just a few are left on portside and some are under LaCucina. Should that be a concern as well?

Since this is the first cruise for most of us, is this something we must work through our TA for or can we contact NCL directly?

If you booked through your TA, then go through them. I did and they were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I am not sure about the noise from the restaurant, but from what I hear about the gym, it must be better! We are now under part of the buffet's seating, which I was also concerned about...but unless your under the spa or library all of deck 11 pretty much has something like that above.

Archived