What's the average cost of a 4-day cruise?

Jo2310

I think I got lucky with this one! $299 for a guaranteed ocean view for July 26th to the 30th on the Monarch of the Seas. Within a few days the cost went up to minimum $499. We are going with our two teen boys....and yes we do realize this is a guaranteed room but it's the only way we could afford this cruise after staying in a condo for 11 days in Orlando!! I guess I should not expect a price drop?? I was not even shopping around for a cruise but my husband has wanted to do this for a long time.

You best watch it close for the next 3 months. I think you WILL get a drop. Are you eligible for military or senior rates? And they might add the residency rate. We got Majesty last July/August for $189 pp with those discounts. I think it was residency that time. We did a B2B to get to diamond and the second leg the Key West iten was $329 pp. But we loved the B2B. Got a bottle of champagne between cruises.

For 4 nights on the Majesty my sister and I shared a Superior Ocean View for about $370 each including tax and port charges.

We went at the tail end of President's Day Week (often higher prices) and it's hard to compare two ships. When I went on the Liberty it was $150 higher than the Freedom for the exact same week. The differences were the embarkation port and the rest of the ports were cheaper ports. Could explain any price difference between the Maj and the Monarch...two different ports and the Maj has an extra port day.

If the price is now $499 and you paid $299, I'd say you got a GREAT deal because it sounds like it'll be right about what mine cost after the taxes are added...and it's a year later. :)

And you should still always look for price drops. You never know. My Liberty cruise dropped to $399pp for a whole week, for a guarantee inside. (I had a pre-selected inside so I ended up paying about $500...still ridiculously cheap for a week.) The guarantee started around $480 when I booked.

About a month ago we booked a 4 day Grandeur of the Seas Jr Suite for $519 per. Within a week it went up to $899 per. The best part? We were able to grab and aft 8 deck cabin with a larger balcony than the side Jr Suites have, the only ones available now.

We don't think there will be a price drop since we feel we already got one, but maybe an upgrade fairy will knock.

~30 days and counting... :D

I think I got lucky with this one! $299 for a guaranteed ocean view for July 26th to the 30th on the Monarch of the Seas. Within a few days the cost went up to minimum $499. We are going with our two teen boys....and yes we do realize this is a guaranteed room but it's the only way we could afford this cruise after staying in a condo for 11 days in Orlando!! I guess I should not expect a price drop?? I was not even shopping around for a cruise but my husband has wanted to do this for a long time.

Watch it daily right up to your departure day....Price drop and or OBC is possible...A GTY ocean view can be a great option...you never know..Have a great cruise...All of you ENJOY !!!

Thanks for all your help! and I agree, if the price does not drop, I'm still happy with what we paid! and If it does? bonus!! I will definitely keep close watch on it....This cruise is a tester cruise for us....and if we like it, we will book one for next winter for a week to the Caribbean!! now that I know about price drops, I will book something we can afford and then watch for drops or upgrades!! I'm loving this site!! thanks to people like you.

CB, we've gotten price drops from our original booking prices on almost every one of the 10 we've done. But sometimes those drops were only for a few hours. You have to watch them like a hawk or use a tracking system like I have;) to alert you to them. Nearly every cruise will offer discount rates at some point, but you have to be vigilant! We have had residency rates, senior rates and military rates on nearly every cruise. On Voyager upcoming in Feb. we had 3 rate drops. The TA we used was less than happy while he saw his commission drop too, he hated to get an email from me:cool: But it's about affordable cruising. That's why I now no longer use a TA, isn't fair to them.

CB, we've gotten price drops from our original booking prices on almost every one of the 10 we've done. But sometimes those drops were only for a few hours. You have to watch them like a hawk or use a tracking system like I have;) to alert you to them. Nearly every cruise will offer discount rates at some point, but you have to be vigilant! We have had residency rates, senior rates and military rates on nearly every cruise. On Voyager upcoming in Feb. we had 3 rate drops. The TA we used was less than happy while he saw his commission drop too, he hated to get an email from me:cool: But it's about affordable cruising. That's why I now no longer use a TA, isn't fair to them.

BecciBoo - A tracking system?? tell me more please! how do you do that? I'm a little obsessed now with this site....lol....

For 4 nights on the Majesty my sister and I shared a Superior Ocean View for about $370 each including tax and port charges.

We went at the tail end of President's Day Week (often higher prices) and it's hard to compare two ships. When I went on the Liberty it was $150 higher than the Freedom for the exact same week. The differences were the embarkation port and the rest of the ports were cheaper ports. Could explain any price difference between the Maj and the Monarch...two different ports and the Maj has an extra port day.

If the price is now $499 and you paid $299, I'd say you got a GREAT deal because it sounds like it'll be right about what mine cost after the taxes are added...and it's a year later. :)

And you should still always look for price drops. You never know. My Liberty cruise dropped to $399pp for a whole week, for a guarantee inside. (I had a pre-selected inside so I ended up paying about $500...still ridiculously cheap for a week.) The guarantee started around $480 when I booked.

You have a sister Amy Beth?

I've NEVER gotten a price drop on any cruise..if anything, the prices seem to sky-rocket....time of year? Maybe!

No, you just are not checking enough. Most every cruise will get a price drop if you are booking early not at the last minute and not booking a Wow sale or Tuesday sale to start with. Use a tracking system and set it to check every hour. Sometimes the price reduction only lasts a few hours!

No, you just are not checking enough. Most every cruise will get a price drop if you are booking early not at the last minute and not booking a Wow sale or Tuesday sale to start with. Use a tracking system and set it to check every hour. Sometimes the price reduction only lasts a few hours!

Can you direct me to the tracking system you are using? We were lucky to grab a 4 day Monarch sailing last Sep for $330 for 2 total. That was $114 pp ov gty plus tax. Suprised not to be on the bottom deck either.

That was either a resident or senior rate.

Wow, you disappeared. Lucky for me I read your response. At first didn't understand your big fish story, pretty obscure, but just came back from the fishing ground with success but would like to give referral credit to you.

I've cruised for 20 some years and never got a price drop until this last year. Always took for granted prices usually went up not down as time drew near to cruise date. I'd like to add besides just a price drop check what is available for the same price. On our last cruise on Enchantment, an hour or so after I booked, I looked to see if I could better our location and I ended up seeing the same rate opened up on a higher deck. So we got to move from gty that gave me deck 2 to deck 5.

About a month ago we booked a 4 day Grandeur of the Seas Jr Suite for $519 per. Within a week it went up to $899 per. The best part? We were able to grab and aft 8 deck cabin with a larger balcony than the side Jr Suites have, the only ones available now.

We don't think there will be a price drop since we feel we already got one, but maybe an upgrade fairy will knock.

~30 days and counting... :D

Prices dropped over this weekend about $50pp. Check with RCCL or your TA.

Kathy

We got the Majesty for 239 a person for an inside guarentee, way back in August. Still nothing cheaper has come up yet. Watch it everyday. Right now that is going for just over 400 a person.

Still dont have our room assigned,but for that price who cares. We dont stay in the room. Woo Hoo!

We got the Majesty for 239 a person for an inside guarentee, way back in August. Still nothing cheaper has come up yet. Watch it everyday. Right now that is going for just over 400 a person.

Still dont have our room assigned,but for that price who cares. We dont stay in the room. Woo Hoo!

that's great! I'm happy with $299 each for ocean-view guarantee....but you never know, it could drop! and I'm watching every day indeed lol....ours is up to approx. $499!! that's $800 difference for the 4 of us.

Archived