Costa Magica comments from this summer?

FinnCruiser

Has anybody sailed 11days from Savona visiting Marseille, Tangier, Casablanca etc.? Can you recommend some excursions. Is there something in service or others we should take in consideration? We are sailing 28th July and this is our first at Costa. Have sailed others and are a little skeptic about an italian ship.:confused:

Has anybody sailed 11days from Savona visiting Marseille, Tangier, Casablanca etc.? Can you recommend some excursions. Is there something in service or others we should take in consideration? We are sailing 28th July and this is our first at Costa. Have sailed others and are a little skeptic about an italian ship.:confused:

Hi you should start looking for others to join you for private tours perhaps from roll calls or even when seated at table in main dining room.

Try http://www.cruisingexcursions.com/ to get some idea of prices and tours.

Although you will be seated with English speakers in MDR tours in English are rare on Costa even if they go ahead most have two or even three other languages on the coach & you miss most of the explanation of what you are passing. On Costa two months ago five of our pre-booked tours were cancelled & we were offered unsuitable replacements.

Although you can do your own thing in both Moroccan port be prepared to be hassled lots of times fairly easy to visit local market & such but keep eye for pickpockets & gang runners. Possible to hire guide but they are snapped up quickly.

Do go to the first English meeting after boarding usually after boat drill, great way to meet others and indeed arrange tours.

Most shows are in English or understandable, even if the five languages are a pain to listen to, top tip, IF IT IS NOT IN ENGLISH IT DOES NOT CONCERN YOU.

have a great trip Magica a lovely ship, been on her three times.

If you like more than three glasses of wine/beer & two coffees then but the AI package no better value.

We are doing the 13-night trip on the Magica leaving July 15 and ending on the 28th. Planned on doing excursions with Costa as the prices seem reasonable compared to what I have been coming up with. After reading the above comments, I am wondering if this is the best plan. Last summer we did MSC for the first time and had a very enjoyable trip so I am hoping for the same experience with Costa. This is our first cruise with Costa.

Did this cruise in April. Because of all the negative things I heard, I

took the the ship's excursions in Tangier, city tour in Casablanca and ship's tour to Rabat which I felt were fairly priced compared to other recent cruise line tours.

All were well done ! Don't know where this business of Morocco is dangerous, full of thieves and pickpockets. comes from ??

All three city streets were exceptionally clean, people friendly, was not harassed by vendors, etc

Standard of living is on a par with Europe. Although 99% Islamic, 36 woman are in the legislature, can and are Doctors, Lawyers, drive cars etc.,etc.

The rest of the Port Stops Lisbon, Valencia, Cadiz, etc I took Hop on Hop Off

tours which were fine for what I wanted to see and do.

As far as Costa and the ship, see my comments on Costa versus MSC

Edited by EDLOS
More info

• 1 month later...

Hi - would be happy to hear your experience with this cruise. Hope you enjoyed. We are sailing in September and would be happy to hear tips as well as input on excursions, especially in Tangier & Casablanca. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello Aloncruise,

Are you possibly on the Costa Magica sailing September 9/1 from Savona? We actually board 9/2 in Marseille.

We booked private tours in Lisbon, Tangiers and Casablanca. We are going to the Aquarium on our own in Valencia and taking a small group tour in Cadiz. We are just walking around Savona.

We have never been on Costa but looking forward to a new experience.

Hope you enjoy the cruise to some great ports.

Hello Aloncruise,

Are you possibly on the Costa Magica sailing September 9/1 from Savona? We actually board 9/2 in Marseille.

We booked private tours in Lisbon, Tangiers and Casablanca. We are going to the Aquarium on our own in Valencia and taking a small group tour in Cadiz. We are just walking around Savona.

We have never been on Costa but looking forward to a new experience.

Hope you enjoy the cruise to some great ports.

Hi Lauren,

No, we are cruising on September 23rd from Savona.

I would be happy to hear more about the private tours you booked for Tangier and Casablanca. We are also now in the process of checking such tours.

For us in Marseille ,we plan to tour independently. We haven't decided yet about the remaining ports.

This would also be our first time on Costa and we are really looking forward to it.

I hope you will have a great experience and enjoy the cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry we will be on different sailings. I hope your cruise is terrific.

Here is who we used for our tours:

Lisbon - Sintra Magic private tour to Lisbon and Sintra

Tangiers - VIP private day trip with Tangier Private Guide (Aziz Benami)

Cadiz - Discovering Cadiz Tour 4 with Cruising Excursions

Casablanca - Private Marrakech tour with Viator on day 1 of 2 days in port

Hope this gives you a place to start.

Any questions, you can email me at lauriisonthebeachatyahoodotcom

Bon voyage!