Quality of Costa to others

koss78b2

I have sailed on Costa (Luminosa), NCL (Getaway, Epic) and Celebrity (Reflection, Constellation)

Celebrity is very up-scale - ship has beautiful decor, food and wonderfully crafted cocktails.

Next I would say Costa and NCL are on a par with each other in terms of food quality (although more meat on NCL) and the quality of the ship's decor/ fittings (although Costa is a bit more Vegas like). NCL is far superior in terms of entertainment. Costa entertainment offerings are limited; but Costa does excel at formal dancing.

The other big pluses for Costa are...

- The Samsara spas (where available) beautiful and the price is very reasonable compared to Celebrity. Team up with Samsara spa and restaurant and it is great value

- Price of all inclusive drinks package. Amazing value and Cocktails/ wine were very good (not as good as Celebrity, but impressive for the price).

But...service on Costa is not as friendly as on the American ships.

I travel on Costa because the entertainment is far superior to any other cruise line I have found. NCL Epic, the music (and management attitude) was so bad, I consider it money wasted. Have only been on Celebrity Constellation, but "average" would be a generous assessment.

Limited evening dining choice is definitely the weakest part of Costa product, even on the neo ships, it might well be a deal-breaker if it's important to you.

Edited by Dancer Bob

You cannot expect the same level of service on Costa as on the American cruise lines, and no, I would not call it "upscale". It does seem somewhat comparable to Carnival, much less luxurious than Celebrity or Princess for example. The food is fine, some very good. We also enjoy being in the minority and meeting and learning about Europeans. We cruise to see the world, and the ship is for "a place to sleep and something to eat" as my husband says, and if that's your goal, then Costa will suffice. If you want luxury and to be catered to, then it's probably best to go elsewhere.

We cruise to see the world, and the ship is for "a place to sleep and something to eat" as my husband says, and if that's your goal, then Costa will suffice. If you want luxury and to be catered to, then it's probably best to go elsewhere.

I completely agree with that. I thought entertainment was terrible and food options were way too limited, but I see the ship as a method of transportation, a hotel and a restaurant, and I focus a lot more on the destinations.

Hi

Just got off the Pacifica 11 day Baltic. If you are a picky eater than Costa is not for you. But if you use it as a place to sleep and a method of transportation to get to the ports then it is ok.

Spa was good 11 day price $99 euros

Cabin steward was really good (don't forget to put the card in the door slot to have the cabin serviced)

Really liked the decor of the Pacifica and the vibe at night.

Dining room was chaotic the first night did not get our seating straightened out until night three. We wanted a table with English speakers and since a family decided to add two to the original table it took the Maitr D three trys to find us a table of English speaking guests.

Food is subjective but not to my liking although the pizza for 4 euros in the

evening was good.

Liked that you could get off the ship as soon as the gangway was open we were the first off the ship in St. Petersburg ahead of the Costa tours.

All in all if Costa was the only line that went where I wanted to go I would do it again but if there was either Princess or Holland then I would try them since the food was a serious disappointment to me.

pat