Costa Favolosa cruises no more???

Cruiserbarbie

Costa only cruises Northern Europe in the summer months.

Favalosa is currently on it's last North European cruise for this year, 28th. August she heads for Savona for a season in the Western Mediterranean, then December 2015 - April 2016 in the Caribbean. The Favalosa will be back in Northern Europe from middle of May 2016.

Actually got word from my rep yesterday--the itinerary has completely changed from a Baltic Caps cruise to Norwegian fjord cruise.

It looks odd to me to go from Copenhagen north to Geiranger with a day at sea and then heading south to Bergen and than north to KristiansUnd. Issue for me is we leave KristiansUnd at 7pm and are supposed to be at Aarhus, Denmark at 9am the next day. And why go north to Geiranger, south to Bergen and then north to KristiansUnd? How is that possible? Could they mean KristiansAnd in southern Norway? Any thoughts?

Actually won't make any difference to me, just logistically seems crazy.

Actually got word from my rep yesterday--the itinerary has completely changed from a Baltic Caps cruise to Norwegian fjord cruise.

It looks odd to me to go from Copenhagen north to Geiranger with a day at sea and then heading south to Bergen and than north to KristiansUnd. Issue for me is we leave KristiansUnd at 7pm and are supposed to be at Aarhus, Denmark at 9am the next day. And why go north to Geiranger, south to Bergen and then north to KristiansUnd? How is that possible? Could they mean KristiansAnd in southern Norway? Any thoughts?

Actually won't make any difference to me, just logistically seems crazy.

You are not going to KristiansUnd. You will be going to KristiansAnd. 2016 itineraries have replaced Oslo with Aarhus.

We did this cruise in June. We embarked in Warnemunde and sailed North to Copenhagen and Geiranger with a sea day in between then it was Southbound via Bergen, KristiansAnd and Oslo before returning to Warnemunde.

I think they are replacing Oslo with Aarhus is that is more on a direct line between KRS and Warnemunde. It also allows a full day in Aarhus whereas the stop in Oslo was barely 5 hours from 0700 to midday.

I also see that the early summer cruises in May stop in Andalasnes rather than Geiranger.

I am very disappointed that they changed the itinerary.

My choice now is to go with the new itinerary and do the fjords in depth and do Stockholm and Oslo on my own or go with RCCL which has the original Costa cruise I wanted hitting Stockholm, St. Pete, Tallinn and back to Copenhagen then I would do a one day tour from Bergen to Oslo as part of seeing the fjords. Spent 10 days in St. Pete 2 years ago so really Tallinn would be the only city I would be missing. We have traveled Europe extensively and LOVE the architecture of Europe and I'm not so big on nature but reading up on the fjords makes me want to spend time there.

Any thoughts? (60+, no hubby this trip, by myself).