Ship Excursions for 1st time Costa cruiser

deadzone1003

We are interested in a couple of ship excursions in our upcoming cruise. However, being new to Costa, I just want to know a few things before committing myself.

It appears that if we pre-book online, we would get a 5% discount, but we would have to pay on the spot. Is that correct?

I can't seem to find any information on cancellation of an excursion. One of the excursions is to Taormina. We are using the ship's excursion because of the time constraints as we will be in port not too many hours. However, if there is a forecast of rain, I rather cancelled and visit Messina on our own.

How late can we cancel without penalty?

We are interested in a couple of ship excursions in our upcoming cruise. However, being new to Costa, I just want to know a few things before committing myself.

It appears that if we pre-book online, we would get a 5% discount, but we would have to pay on the spot. Is that correct?

I can't seem to find any information on cancellation of an excursion. One of the excursions is to Taormina. We are using the ship's excursion because of the time constraints as we will be in port not too many hours. However, if there is a forecast of rain, I rather cancelled and visit Messina on our own.

How late can we cancel without penalty?

Once you book you are locked in. No refund. Unless Costa cancels.

Many English speaking shore excursions have been cancelled on us due to lack of English speaking people. We now book with the Italians or French. Every tour guide we have ever met speaks some English.

For the discount you must prepay on the spot.

I'm surprised that there is a no refund policy. I guess they have no problems with last minute cancellations. I will prebook one of the excursions, but I may wait until I get a weather forecast before booking the Taormina excursion. Thanks.

I'm surprised that there is a no refund policy. I guess they have no problems with last minute cancellations. I will prebook one of the excursions, but I may wait until I get a weather forecast before booking the Taormina excursion. Thanks.

I would recommend seeing Taormina regardless of the weather.

• 2 weeks later...