Is a beverage package necessary?

peachcreamsicle

Hey everyone,

I just booked an 11 day cruise departing Athens on nov 23. I'm not a big drinker and would prefer to avoid the empty calories in cocktails. The price for an all-inclusive package seems to be 29 euro per person, per day on the Neoclassica (which would add almost an extra $900 Canadian to the cost of the cruise for my SO and I).

Does anyone know if I would be able to get by without the drinks package? Will I be charged for even water? :eek:

Hey everyone,

I just booked an 11 day cruise departing Athens on nov 23. I'm not a big drinker and would prefer to avoid the empty calories in cocktails. The price for an all-inclusive package seems to be 29 euro per person, per day on the Neoclassica (which would add almost an extra $900 Canadian to the cost of the cruise for my SO and I).

Does anyone know if I would be able to get by without the drinks package? Will I be charged for even water? :eek:

Welcome Torontonian,

I live in Ancaster just along the 403 from you. I am also on this cruise.

If you booked online with Costa you will get free bottled water as you are North American (read Canadian), if you booked with an agent check it out with them. I am taking the drinks package as the drinks on Costa can get quite expensive and the Costa packages are cheaper than other cruise lines.

As a comparison in May I was on a 98 day Carnival cruise and the beverage package was US $450 plus 15% = CAN $602 per person for 9 days

Check my posting before this for information on how I am getting round the cancellation of Istanbul as this port was the main reason I am going.

Brian

PS what does SO mean

Welcome Torontonian,

If you booked online with Costa you will get free bottled water as you are North American (read Canadian), if you booked with an agent check it out with them. I am taking the drinks package as the drinks on Costa can get quite expensive and the Costa packages are cheaper than other cruise lines.

As a comparison in May I was on a 98 day Carnival cruise and the beverage package was US $450 plus 15% = CAN $602 per person for 9 days

Check my posting before this for information on how I am getting round the cancellation of Istanbul as this port was the main reason I am going.

Brian

PS what does SO mean

SO- Significant Other

With the AI package water is poured into a glass for you. You don't get the bottle. They used to give you a half liter or liter bottle but there was too much waste.

Welcome Torontonian,

Brian

My last message should be a 9 day cruise.

Brian

Welcome Torontonian,

Brian

PS what does SO mean

Thanks for your reply and it's so great to "meet" you! My fiance lives in Stoney Creek and I worked at a pharmacy in Hamilton (im a pharmacist) for 1.5years so I have spent a lot of time near your neck of the woods :)

I am soooo excited for our cruise! Do you have your excursions sorted? Anything you recommend doing? And when you say we'll get bottled water, is that for meals or anytime?

If you booked Costa USA you get the "waterusa" package, if you booked Costa France you don't (my November cruise is with France, so that's from personal knowledge). I think it does show on your e-ticket. That's supposed to be tap water at dinner, but it's easier for the servers to use bottled water (I think the ship's water is at least as good as the El Cheapo brands Costa uses). I was going to say water is available from the dispensers during the day, but I see you're on a neo ship, that might not be true.

Expect prices to be comparable to Toronto. You can get other water and soft drink deals, I found them to be better value, although I don't use alcohol, that might be a factor.

Thanks for your reply and it's so great to "meet" you! My fiance lives in Stoney Creek and I worked at a pharmacy in Hamilton (im a pharmacist) for 1.5years so I have spent a lot of time near your neck of the woods :)

I am soooo excited for our cruise! Do you have your excursions sorted? Anything you recommend doing? And when you say we'll get bottled water, is that for meals or anytime?

Your invoice should state "Special services Mineral water by glass dinning room"

I normally do my own excursions, I have been to all the ports except Kalamata in Greece.

If you email me your email address or telephone number we can discuss each port in more detail Email bcs705 at gmail.com(change at with @).

Brian