"Oldies" rock & roll cruises for 2013

beshears

As far as I know, most of the cruise lines do not have "name" entertainers for their ships, but there are websites that do book "oldies/50's & 60's entertaines for different ships.

Now, if you know of a website where they will have one of these cruises going out in March or April (2013), would you let me know?

As far as I know, most of the cruise lines do not have "name" entertainers for their ships, but there are websites that do book "oldies/50's & 60's entertaines for different ships.

Now, if you know of a website where they will have one of these cruises going out in March or April (2013), would you let me know?

Do a google for Oldies cruises 2013

• 3 weeks later...
There is a "Soul Train Cruise" for October 5-12, 2013 that is booking now. Acts advertised are Earth, Wind & Fire, Gladys K

night, The Whispers, ect. Look on the internet for Soul Train Cruise

Really, i'm a big fan of Motown grew up to there music :D

thanks.

I agree. . . it's a little pricey for me also. I would prefer to get another

cruise in than take one BIG one for the year.

One year on my Halloween Birthday Cruise we were on a ship with an

oldies theme, and were able to catch many of the acts performing in the

clubs and around the ship for free. It was Paul Revere and The Raiders,

Chubby Checker and others. It was great for us!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Holland America has an oldies "Malt Shop" cruise next November, 2013 on Eurodam. It has a long list of well known performers from the 50s and 60s including Neil Sedaka, Petula Clark and so many more, plus Elvis impersonators. It is a seven-night cruise.

I just posted a question about it under "Theme Cruises."

I asked because I find the price for cabins on this special cruise to be very high. I wondered if the concerts were really worth the high tariff for the cruise. So I am hoping someone has taken the Malt Shop tour before and can tell me what they thought about it.

Holland America has an oldies "Malt Shop" cruise next November, 2013 on Eurodam. It has a long list of well known performers from the 50s and 60s including Neil Sedaka, Petula Clark and so many more, plus Elvis impersonators. It is a seven-night cruise.

I just posted a question about it under "Theme Cruises."

I asked because I find the price for cabins on this special cruise to be very high. I wondered if the concerts were really worth the high tariff for the cruise. So I am hoping someone has taken the Malt Shop tour before and can tell me what they thought about it.

To determine if it's worth it, take the cost of the theme cruise and subtract what it would cost for a regular cruise on the ship. Then take the remainder and divide it by the number of acts that are performing on the theme cruise. That will tell you approximately what you would pay for tickets to see each performer at a land-based concert.

example: $8,000.00 (cost of theme cruise) minus $5,000.00 (cost of regular cruise) = $3,000.00. $3,000.00 divided by 20 (performers) = $150.00 per act (tickets). This example is based on double occupancy.

Whether or not it's worth it is all relative. The thing you have to say to yourself is "I really want go. Can I make it happen? Will my budget allow it?"

Gangway Style, Yes I would like to be on that cruise the end of the year, but since I am working, it is easier for me to be off the first months of the year.

I like you, would like "feed back" on what people thought of these Malt shop cruises, pro or con.

Someone mentioned about the cost, and what everyone would make if the cost was divided up between all the entertainers, and I agree with that.

It is just NOT in my budget to be putting out $5,000 or more for a cruise with these entertainers, althought I would LOVE to see them all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am looking for a cruise for singles, or tour groups. I know everyone cannot be married, but it seems very difficult:confused: to meet, and find other singles that want to travel, or to find tour groups from the Midwest area. I am 55 yrs old.

I am actually wanting to meet new FRIENDS, not a date, or lifelong partner LOL.. , just friends that have the same interest in traveling to different places once in a while.:):):)

Kind Regards...

http://cruisetotheedge.com/

March 25-30

YES, Steve Hackett - Genesis Revisited, UK, Carl Palmer Band, Tangerine Dream, Saga, Nektar, Zebra, Glass Hammer, IOEarth, Heavy Mellow and more!

• 4 weeks later...

Rock and Roll Cruise, "Where the Action Is" featureing Paul Revere and the Raiders, Mary Wilson (Supremes) and BJ Thomas, with an Elvis impersonator.

Princess Line, leaving Ft. Lauderdale, Jan 18-25, three port southern Carribbean ports. (one is the lines own beach in the Bahamas).

http://www.partycruisersetc.com/10634490_6475.htm

I booked and am ready to go.... Hope this helps...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Prices to me are all relative to what you are willing to pay to go on a cruise with REAL R&R stars from the past. I love that era music, and so does my wife. So if we get a chance to cruise with Paul Revere and the Raiders, Mary Wilson (Supremes), BJ Thomas, the Platters, and Cowsills and see a different show each night with these performers, well we are going to and have done it.

I was really interested in learning from people who already have done one of these thems cruises, and get any inside information about them.... :D

• 3 weeks later...

Here is on for you Rock and Roll fans! Rocky and The Rollers "Rockin The Caribbean TM." Oldies Cruise Volume 9. Back to Back Rock and Roll Cruising.. It is a Royal Caribbean cruise, Freedom of the Seas that leaves Feb 16, 2014 for the Western Caribbean, from Port Canaveral.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh I would love to do the February cruise, but.........here in Kansas City, we "generally" have a hard time trying to get out of the airport because of the winter weather.

I would love to do one in the summer, but it doesn't seem like there is any that does it that time of the year.

• 5 weeks later...

Carnival Elation had a band named Music in Motion from the Philipeans, was awesome with 70's music, I thought I was back in High School!!! They were in the Jekyll and Hyde lounge, VERY VERY good band!!!

NEXT CRUISES

11/4/2013 Carnival Triumph

10/31/2013 Carnival Triumph

PAST CRUISES

4/15/2013 Carnival Elation

12/9/2012 Mariner of Sea

3/22/2012 Carnival Triumph

1/30/2012 Carnival Triumph

2/28/2011 Carnival Ecstasy

12/5/2010 CarnivalConquest

1/23/2010 Carnival Ecstasy

10/12/2008 Carnival Conquest