How to keep my heel from slipping out of these shoes????

RQINFL

I found a pair of shoes I like that are similar to these~

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2943077/0~2376778~2372808~2374239~6001882?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=2372808&P=1

Plain black, Charles David and on sale and I really want to buy them. The problem is that my heel is narrow and slips out of the shoes. Is there anything to help?

Thanks.

On heels that high, I find I can wear 1/2 size smaller, which will help, if they're still comfy. Or, the heel inserts do work wonders--making the heel space tighter. Great shoes! I have a pair similar in leopard print with cork heels....Hot, hot, hot!!!!!

You should be able to find the heel pads in shoe departments of any major store, places like Famous Footwear or shoe repair shops. I have a problem getting any closed up, slip on shoe to fit my foot...it slips off my heel and those heel pads have never worked for me. It takes me forever to locate shoes like that which will stay on. Actually, in that style, I do better with a slingback.

You should be able to find them in almost any pharmacy in the foot dept. or in most pharmacy departments of other stores.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=304868&navAction=jump&navCount=0&id=prod2162517

Here is a link as an example. I have a wide foot with a narrow heel and I have these things in various brands in almost every pair of shoes I own. They do help.

If you are close to a Nordstrom, they will give them to you free. The last time I purchased shoes there and the heel was slipping, the salesman threw about 5 pair into the box.

Don't wear the shoes until you fix the problem, or you will have blisters :( !

Thanks for all of your help.

I have another question ~ I bought a pair of high heeled loafers, and need the length of the size I bought for my toes, but my heel slips out of the back of them. Are the Dr. Scholls heel inserts thick enough to compensate for the little bit of extra heel room?

Or does anybody know of any thick heel inserts, or whole shoe inserts that would be good? Thanks~

Archived