Boarding time for valor in San Juan

Mhurst

When we cruised on the Victory out of San Juan last year boarding started at 12:30. We were scheduled to depart San Juan at 10PM. After boarding we got off and walked down to CVS for water. All on board was at 8:30.

When I sailed on the Victory in December (same itinerary that you will have on the Valor), we got to the pier before 10am and were the second group in line. They opened the doors to let us inside at 10:55am, and there were probably only 20 people total in line at that point. We went upstairs, took the embarkation photos, and immediately went to check in. There was no wait at all for checking in, and there were multiple Carnival employees on hand to keep things moving smoothly. By the time we checked in, 3 large parties had gone ahead of us and we got zone 2 for boarding. We sat in the waiting area until 12:45pm, when they called boarding zones 1-5 to go through the x-rays. We were on board around 1:15pm. I hope that helps!

When I sailed on the Victory in December (same itinerary that you will have on the Valor), we got to the pier before 10am and were the second group in line. They opened the doors to let us inside at 10:55am, and there were probably only 20 people total in line at that point. We went upstairs, took the embarkation photos, and immediately went to check in. There was no wait at all for checking in, and there were multiple Carnival employees on hand to keep things moving smoothly. By the time we checked in, 3 large parties had gone ahead of us and we got zone 2 for boarding. We sat in the waiting area until 12:45pm, when they called boarding zones 1-5 to go through the x-rays. We were on board around 1:15pm. I hope that helps!

Hi,

Did you or anybody you know try and get a bottle or two of alcohol onto the ship? If so, how did it go? Any tips?

thanks in advance....

Hi,

Did you or anybody you know try and get a bottle or two of alcohol onto the ship? If so, how did it go? Any tips?

thanks in advance....

Wehave always brought on our own alcohol on 8 cruises no problem....9th cruise which was last Sept on Liberty...it was all confiscated!!! I heard they have really gotten strict....only wine is allowed but you must have it in your carry on. I won't try it again this year.

Hi,

thanks in advance....

There were plenty of people who purchased bottles in the terminal. They carried them up to and through the scanners, then put thm in their carryons before boarding. No problem.

We carried on our 2 allowed bottles of wine and 12 packs of soda/water, then made a second trip to CVS to restock.

Our Porta-shots made it on in checked luggage.

We spoke to others who carried on liquor from other ports by just walking right past the table after checking in.

So we can board early and leave the ship to go walk around...but what time can we get in our rooms? Are they ready around regular time of 1:30 or so? Or do we need to wait until later in the day to drop off our stuff in our room?

So we can board early and leave the ship to go walk around...but what time can we get in our rooms? Are they ready around regular time of 1:30 or so? Or do we need to wait until later in the day to drop off our stuff in our room?

Our room was ready at 1:30. Yes, you can get back off, all aboard was 8:30 pm.

Archived