2018 schedule finally about to be announced?

Mike2131

I saw a July 2018 individual sailing today - a Silver Cloud Expedition cruise from Tromso to Iceland. We are very interested in that ship for 2018 and had only seen the four 2017 Antarctic cruises listed. Hopefully the rest of the schedule follows soon.

We have been told that the 2018 Expedition cruises are for release in September-that of course now covers the Cloud.

It will be interesting to see where Silversea plans to deploy the Silver Explorer and '"new" Silver Cloud Expedition. I can't see them operating 2 ships in Svalbard and Antarctica.

• 3 weeks later...
Today, According to President of SS USA, 2018 itineraries will b released by end of this month

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The one Cloud Expedition sailing for July '18 I saw posted disappeared a few days later. Must have been a test or charter.

Edited by Mike2131

tricky oat & Mike2131

- I think you have uncovered something that Silversea would rather we hadn’t seen !

Using the web link you have posted I have changed just a couple of digits in the address and within 15 minutes uncovered much of the expedition itineraries for 2018.:eek: (and I’m certainly not a computer geek !) :o Very careless of Silversea methinks !

My interest was that I was hoping to book the Silver Explorer trip up the West Coast of Africa that had previously operated each March. Well it doesn’t look like it is operating in 2018.

Silver Cloud appears to be doing this journey in 2018 as part of it’s repositioning to the Arctic, but the itinerary is nowhere near as good as previously.

I think it would be inappropriate of me to divulge any more but as I have said , any casual internet user with an mildly enquiring mind could access the information I have done today.

WesW – as you have said the itineraries won’t be ready for booking until they are officially released at the end of September (thank you so much for giving us the heads up on this). Mr Conroy may wish to have a chat with the Silversea website team about how/when they load things on to the system.:(

Known defect -- just depends when they load it into the web site. You can do this with most cruise lines that use voyage numbers.

Apparently it is loaded. Looks like Explorer will head from Antarctica - to Panama - then to West Coast do Alaska and Russian Far East - back to West Coast of USA - to Hawaii and Papeete then back to Chile in October... Not at all exciting.... Was hoping for A NW Passage cruise in 2018 -- but no..

It is not a secret....

Edited by PaulMCO

Known defect -- just depends when they load it into the web site. You can do this with most cruise lines that use voyage numbers.

Apparently it is loaded. Looks like Explorer will head from Antarctica - to Panama - then to West Coast do Alaska and Russian Far East - back to West Coast of USA - to Hawaii and Papeete then back to Chile in October... Not at all exciting.... Was hoping for A NW Passage cruise in 2018 -- but no..

It is not a secret....

My apologies for posting something that - according to yourself - is widely known.

I will not make that mistake again :mad:

My apologies for posting something that - according to yourself - is widely known.

I will not make that mistake again :mad:

Sorry --- Was not trying to be obnoxious....

I am glad that you posted that they were loaded. :). If they are loaded they might announce them sooner than end of month.

I am surprised that the Cloud is not doing the expedition cruise that Explorer is doing in 2016, but is doing their standard limited itinerary. Presume that ship size is the limiting factor.

Having looked through 2018 Expedition cruises a rather disappointing/uninspiring offering (ie. nothing new).

tricky oat & Mike2131

- I think you have uncovered something that Silversea would rather we hadn’t seen !

Using the web link you have posted I have changed just a couple of digits in the address and within 15 minutes uncovered much of the expedition itineraries for 2018.:eek: (and I’m certainly not a computer geek !) :o Very careless of Silversea methinks !

My interest was that I was hoping to book the Silver Explorer trip up the West Coast of Africa that had previously operated each March. Well it doesn’t look like it is operating in 2018.

Silver Cloud appears to be doing this journey in 2018 as part of it’s repositioning to the Arctic, but the itinerary is nowhere near as good as previously.

I think it would be inappropriate of me to divulge any more but as I have said , any casual internet user with an mildly enquiring mind could access the information I have done today.

WesW – as you have said the itineraries won’t be ready for booking until they are officially released at the end of September (thank you so much for giving us the heads up on this). Mr Conroy may wish to have a chat with the Silversea website team about how/when they load things on to the system.:(

The cruise I saw was just on the regular Silversea cruise search. Hearing that they have a known site glitch is very interesting. I am looking forward to the release of the schedule to see which ship will be handling the 2018 South America expedition sailings. I figure it might be the Cloud since it will be sailing Antarctica. I guess we will see soon.

The cruise I saw was just on the regular Silversea cruise search. Hearing that they have a known site glitch is very interesting. I am looking forward to the release of the schedule to see which ship will be handling the 2018 South America expedition sailings. I figure it might be the Cloud since it will be sailing Antarctica. I guess we will see soon.

Hello Michael

It appears that both Explorer and Cloud will be in/around Antarctica at the beginning of 2018. At the end of the season Cloud will be repositioning to the Arctic via Western Africa and Europe. It then returns to Antarctica via Newfoundland, Caribbean and the west coast of South America.

Surprisingly it looks like Explorer will be spending the summer on the west coast of South/Central/North America, with a short period in Micronesia/Polynesia, before returning to Antarctica direct from Easter Island (albeit there is a 9 day period that is unaccounted for).

Of course South America is likely to be well served by the non expedition ships.

Personally, at first glance, i'm a bit underwhelmed by the Explorer itineraries.

Having looked through 2018 Expedition cruises a rather disappointing/uninspiring offering (ie. nothing new).

Yes - I agree with you Paul. I'm not sure of the thinking behind Explorer spending several months mid year on the west coast of the America's, with many of the ports regularly covered by the mainstream ships.

Antarctica is clearly seen as a growth area, with both ships positioned there at the beginning and end of the year, however only Cloud is operating in the Arctic.

I'm not sure of the thinking behind Explorer spending several months mid year on the west coast of the America's, with many of the ports regularly covered by the mainstream ships.

Correction

Whilst Explorer is doing various itineraries on the west coast of the America's, it appears that there are also four major itineraries on the E Russia coast during June & July 2018.