3-Day Silver Whisper Cruise / FLL to FLL

john_galt

Just booked a 3-day cruise in a Medallion Suite on the Whisper for December 16, 2017. Vista Suites are as cheap as $1,035 (Venetian and early booking discount). :eek:

Odd itinerary.

Day #1: Embarkation and sailing from FLL

Day #2: Key West

Day #3: Bimini

Day #4: Arrival and debarkation back at FLL

Not much to do in Bimini. I suppose it's just a token stop at foreign port to keep this legal. Anyone know of something fun to do on a day in Bimini?

I can't recall a previous 3-Day Silversea cruise. We will add a couple of pre-sailing days in FLL to pad the vacation out to five days. :D

I would make some enquiries. The Whisper has been chartered Our November 2017 Amazon cruise has been significantly disrupted, putting the dates back several days, to accommedate the charter, and it looks as thugh the Barbados - FLL cruise that precedes this one has been altered too. A 3 day cruise feels very much like a charter to me...maybe it is only part chartered. Or, just possibly it is the Canadian or NY-Barbados cruises that have been chartered. Worth getting a TA to check this out.

I assume the 3-day cruise is the result of scheduling changes due to charters. I really don't recall SS doing a 3-day cruise in recent history.

DW has been on the Shadow twice with her sister but this will be my first Silversea experience. This is an excellent 'sampler' for me.

http://www.silversea.com/destinations/central-america-caribbean-cruise/fort-lauderdale-florida-to-fort-lauderdale-florida-4732/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I set up a Meet & Mingle and started a Roll-Call for this cruise.

It usually takes a day for the Roll-Call to show up.

We are in a Medallion Suite and are interested in seeing other suites while onboard. My wife has been in a Veranda Suite on the Shadow a couple of times but it will all be new to me.

Edited by john_galt

• 7 months later...

Hi guys! We have never been on Silversea Cruise and are looking it to this "sampler" one! How bad is it booking a room with a window only?? Is the balcony worth $550 more for a 3 day cruise mostly in port?? Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Hi guys! We have never been on Silversea Cruise and are looking it to this "sampler" one! How bad is it booking a room with a window only?? Is the balcony worth $550 more for a 3 day cruise mostly in port?? Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

For three port intensive days I'd say no. We started on Silversea booking Medallion and Silver suites and now just book verandas as we are usually on port intensive cruises and hardly in our cabin. Also helps that we've been blessed with 70 days on board in the Med with almost perfect weather so even on the rare sea days we've been out on deck.

I agree. Even if you booked a Veranda, you can never know what side will be up next to the pier...could be an interesting view or maybe not. (On a long cruise, I would definitely want a Veranda.)

Having never experienced a three day Silversea cruise...who has?... I would concentrate on what SS does best..wonderful, friendly service, good food and sophisticated atmosphere. And being at sea.

Wish I could go..just a hop across the state for me...Bummer, but I'll be on a thousand hour flight to Auckland headed for the Shadow.

Have fun..this three day cruise is a big exception. I want to hear all about your experiences...bet all the old regulars feel curious too! Bon Voyage.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
16 hours ago, 3DOG_TRAVEL said:

Update from this older post, we booked the window vista and somehow got upgraded to a Veranda! Lucked out on this one!

When did you book your voyage 3Dog?  And did you book with SS or a TA? 

SS has run several promotions in the past where passengers were guaranteed 2 level suite upgrades.  Therefore, your upgrade may have been a part of the promotion when you booked.