First ever cruise (Shadow) - behind the eight ball?

TashaDickens

I didn't know what to expect after booking first cruise ever and now am wondering if I am to late to book dinner reservations. We booked two months prior to cruise and didn't receive any info from Silver Sea or our travel agent until 3 weeks before cruise. Is this typical?

Well, by the time I got online, I could only book one night at The Grille. I was told by travel agent that other restaurants requiring reservations had to be done on the cruise - couldn't be done online. Again, is this typical? Or did we just get engaged with the booking system too late?

Will we still have opportunity to book at Le Champagneand La Terrazza?

I didn't know what to expect after booking first cruise ever and now am wondering if I am to late to book dinner reservations. We booked two months prior to cruise and didn't receive any info from Silver Sea or our travel agent until 3 weeks before cruise. Is this typical?

Well, by the time I got online, I could only book one night at The Grille. I was told by travel agent that other restaurants requiring reservations had to be done on the cruise - couldn't be done online. Again, is this typical? Or did we just get engaged with the booking system too late?

Will we still have opportunity to book at Le Champagneand La Terrazza?

If this is your first cruise. Please don't worry about dinner. There will be much more to experience than worrying about dinner. It will work out just fine. Just go with the flow and feel it out as you go. You will most likely have it all figured out in a couple of days.

Edited by carefreecruise

If you want something done, do it yourself![emoji6][emoji568]

The butler can do more damage than good. Particularly on the subject of shoes. Don't touch my shoes. Don't touch the luggage. Just stay the hell away from the suite if it is empty.

• 1 month later...

we will be on shadow next summer- (Alaska) is It going to be difficult to book tables for a group of 12- we can split up if needed it's my mother's 80th celebration so I know she will want us all together some nights

we will be on shadow next summer- (Alaska) is It going to be difficult to book tables for a group of 12- we can split up if needed it's my mother's 80th celebration so I know she will want us all together some nights

I think you need to speak to the Maitre d' as soon as you board and explain your position. In my experience they will be very amenable - certainly in the main dining room. If you are thinking of Terrazza, Grill or Champagne then you might need to give a day's notice.

We have never joined the rush to book restaurant reservations as soon as we boarded and have never had trouble getting in to the various restaurants. You have to be flexible on time, but after the first day or two reservations seem to open up. Have a great cruise. Silversea is a wonderful line.

Ok. Thx. So it can't be done online?

You can make bookings at the Terrazza and grill online on your 'My Silversea' site from 120 days before the voyage. When booking you can specify the number of pax for that booking.

For the main restaurant there is no booking so I would go to the Maitre d' and explain your need for a table for 12. Similarly even if you book online I would still visit the venue and enure that a table for 12 is set up for you.

The butler can do more damage than good. Particularly on the subject of shoes. Don't touch my shoes. Don't touch the luggage. Just stay the hell away from the suite if it is empty.

lol - do tell !!! :rolleyes:

I'd agree though its best to get the maitre d to deal it and sooner rather than later.

I can honestly say I dont think the OP has a thing to worry about for the table for 12.