Whisper, September 23, Montreal to NYC

CruisinPashmina

Very excited to be sailing on The Whisper for the first time in several years. She's my favorite SS ship, but her itineraries haven't fit my schedule until now.

Could some one, maybe a passenger now on the TA, tell me who is the HD, the CD, main Restaurant Maitre 'd, and, of course the Captain. Thanks!

Captain: Cataldo Destefano

HD: Norman Rafelson

RM: Jorge Caeiro

CD: Vick Van Tassel (Not sure if she is getting off in Montreal. Overheard her saying that her contract end in Montreal, but may be at end of cruise following yours that also ends in Montreal. Not sure who will be replacing her.)

Exec Chef: Edgar Van der Van.

Not sure if it is important to you but they have replaced the Internet system on the Whisper and it is currently experiencing "growing pains." Right now they have opened the Internet service free to everyone all the time. However, they have blocked some functionality that was there with the old system as they are now worried about capacity. You should be able to continue doing basic email and surfing simple websites. Anything that is graphics intense sometimes does not work, you cannot update or add APPs to Apple devices and Instagram is usually blocked or extremely slow to load. You also cannot download audio files for Podcasts. An IT person and two vendor techs are supposedly coming on board in Newfoundland when we arrive to work on the system. Don't know how much progress they will make prior to your boarding.

Let me know if you have any other questions. We disembark on 9/23 in Montreal.

Very excited to be sailing on The Whisper for the first time in several years. She's my favorite SS ship, but her itineraries haven't fit my schedule until now.

Could some one, maybe a passenger now on the TA, tell me who is the HD, the CD, main Restaurant Maitre 'd, and, of course the Captain. Thanks!

Have a splendid time- wasn't it on the Montreal to NYC with you a few years ago that we had that wonderful firework display as we docked in New York?

We are just back from a land based trip to South Korea and Japan - super but what a lot of packing and unpacking of suitcases!! Now I know why I appreciate cruising.

Best wishes to you both

Rp

We don't understand why Silversea removed all the computer terminals except for one (for 380 passengers). Also sorry they have eliminated printing newspapers such as NYT and WSJ or any others. And they eliminated all classical music from the TV. On the good side, the tour desk staff is excellent and the crew is terrific (so many of them call you by name). The dining service and menus and quality were all very good.Oliver at the bar, Mario everywhere,

Jorge,Davide, Ivy and a bunch of others make the cruises great fun. We have booked The Spirit for next trip.