Food on a long cruise

nowornever

We will be on the Spirit Circle South America cruise in Jan - Mar and we have reached the 120 day point so we can now make on line reservations in the dining venues. I would love to have your experience on the menu rotation in the specialty restaurants. Do they rotate menus with each segment, a la if it's Thursday there must be lobster tails? I seem to have read that La Champagne keeps the same menu throughout? I have one night booked but wonder if I need to book another? Is it a set menu or are there selections? Many thanks for your thoughts & tips.

(BTW, I'll have many other questions closer to the cruise so stay tuned.)

Nowornever, you indicated that will be aboard for a long time, so there is really no need to reserve many restaurant meals ahead of time. you should be able to dine wherever you want, as often as you want, with pretty short notice while aboard. We've never had a problem. You will be able to speak to the various restaurant heads and learn what they are serving and when. The menus for several of the specialty restaurants are posted on signs every day. The La Terrazza and Stars menus change every few days. Le Champagne changes an appetizer or dessert now and then, but it no longer has the daily main course changes it had years ago.

And remember, the restaurant will make pretty much anything you want for dinner (if the ingredients are aboard) if you ask the restaurant manager a day in advance.

Have a great cruise!

La Champagne never changes, Hot Rocks never changes, La Terrazza changes regularly very 3-4 days no real pattern but can always get in there.

Don't think Seishin changes but always best to go there for lunch, guilt and no extra charge.

Dining room changes daily.

Enjoy your cruise

Seishin does now have 2 evening menus they rotate between (or possibly 3 from what I was told 2 weeks ago). They change up some of the middle courses on the 8 course only I think but not 100% sure. The evening meal is fab but I do love their sushi lunch!