Oasis advice

Really no need to pack a door stop. Your cabin attendant will provide one upon request.

RCCL Radiance Class ships and Vision Class Ships accessible cabins have automatic door openers.

And then they forget and take it away unless you hide it. Much better to carry your own. Mine is small and orange and stays in my carryon so I have it whenever and wherever I travel. See below

https://www.amazon.com/Wedge-WEDGE-Ultimate-Door-Orange/dp/B00N4M2XQK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1499013815&sr=8-4&keywords=door+stop+orange

Edited by Pia1913

And then they forget and take it away unless you hide it. Much better to carry your own. Mine is small and orange and stays in my carryon so I have it whenever and wherever I travel. See below

https://www.amazon.com/Wedge-WEDGE-Ultimate-Door-Orange/dp/B00N4M2XQK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1499013815&sr=8-4&keywords=door+stop+orange

Thanks for the link. For those interested here's a link that has video showing the 3 ways it can be used.https://www.techtoolsupply.com/Custom-Lasered-Wedge-It-Ultimate-Door-Stop-Orange-p/wedge-it-or-laser.htm Personally have never had a problem with the cabin attendant taking it away regardless of the cruise line but than I leave post-its on anything I don't want removed or placed in a way I can't reach it.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Yeah! Just rented my scooter from Special Needs at Sea. Thanks again for all the great advice. Went on an outing for my sister's birthday that included a tour at sea of the Washington Monuments in DC. I really had an awful experience with the heat/humidity. Really reinforced that I need a scooter.

Pia- thanks for the link for doorstop; good thinking as it's very unique as opposed to ones used by RCCL.

XOXOCRUISER- Thanks again for all advice; I truly appreciate your insights and learning from your experiences. I hope you have a wonderful summer!

• 4 weeks later...

We cruised on the Oasis in March in an accessible cable on deck 6 (cabin 6630). DH brings his own scooter with him. He drove it ashore in Labadee with no problem. He went all the way to the furthest beach. The sand was packed down hard or there was concrete all the way. He doesn't use the beach. The only problem was I had to walk (need a knee replacement). I have too many cruises coming up so the surgery won't be done until late March.

I am thinking of renting a scooter for myself for our cruise in March. I can tell the knee is detoriating quickly & it is bone on bone now.