Dockyards? St. Georges? Cruise Ship Terminal???

jwjax

OK, I have read thru a lot of the threads here, but keep coming back to this question?:confused:

If the ship docks at the Cruise Ship Terminal on the maps I have seen....(St. Georges.. I think)

Why do I need a ferry to get to St. Georges??

Also, where would you board a ferry to Hamilton?

I only see one cruise ship dock on the maps...St. Georges??:confused::confused: Is there another dock...ie Dock Yards??:confused:

Most ships dock at the Royal Naval Dockyard, which has two berths, Kings Wharf and Heritage Wharf.

Only smaller ships can dock at the other two cruise terminals, Penno's Wharf in St. George and Hamilton 5/6 in Hamilton.

Here's the 2017 schedule, which shows where each ship arriving this year has docked or will be docking.

http://www.marineandports.bm/Documents/Shipping_schedules/2017_Cruise_Ship_Schedule.pdf

Edited by njhorseman

Which ship will you be on? Most ships dock at the dockyard. Holland America has a ship that docks in Hamilton. I think Oceania is going to have a ship that can dock at St. Georges, but I don't think the dock is ready yet.

Penno's Wharf in St. George is in use and ships from a couple of cruise lines, not just Oceania, have docked there or will be docking there later this year. Penno's isn't new...it's been there as long as I can remember.

If you are on the Elation, you will be docking at the Dockyard. The Dockyard is located at the west end of Bermuda, and if you wish to visit Hamilton or St George's, the fastest way to either would be by ferry. Travel time from the Dockyard to Hamilton is about 20 minutes, to SG, about 45 minutes.

You would board the ferry in Hamilton at the ferry terminal which is located on Front St, near the intersection of Queen's St.

Here's a map of Bermuda. You'll be docking at the Royal Naval Dockyard which is located near the upper left corner of the map:

route-map-v6copy.jpg

I'm also including a map of the Dockyard.

4e863226-ee55-4c60-a1aa-50854222ca06.jpg

SBtS

If you are on the Elation, you will be docking at the Dockyard. The Dockyard is located at the west end of Bermuda, and if you wish to visit Hamilton or St George's, the fastest way to either would be by ferry. Travel time from the Dockyard to Hamilton is about 20 minutes, to SG, about 45 minutes.

You would board the ferry in Hamilton at the ferry terminal which is located on Front St, near the intersection of Queen's St.

Here's a map of Bermuda. You'll be docking at the Royal Naval Dockyard which is located near the upper left corner of the map:

route-map-v6copy.jpg

SBtS

Thanks for the info... This clears up some of the confusion...:confused:

Still, I am puzzled, why so many different cruise ship terminals, and all on different parts of the islands? Are there so many ships, that 2,3 or 4 terminals are needed??

Or my guess, each dock costs are more/less so the cruise lines shop around??

??

Thanks for the info... This clears up some of the confusion...:confused:

Still, I am puzzled, why so many different cruise ship terminals, and all on different parts of the islands? Are there so many ships, that 2,3 or 4 terminals are needed??

Or my guess, each dock costs are more/less so the cruise lines shop around??

??

Ship Size.

Hamilton and St. George can not take large ships.

Dockyard's was rehabbed for new large ship's.

route-map-v6copy.jpg

SBtS

Is there a direct link to these maps?

Can I order them from a Bermuda Tourism site?

Thks

Is there a direct link to these maps?

Can I order them from a Bermuda Tourism site?

Thks

Not the same maps as the links in the posts above but the maps and guide from the Bermuda Tourism Authority are excellent. They are available at the Visitor Information Centers, there will be one at your ships dock terminal or you can order them by mail or download the files at the link below. The Desination map I always carry with me.

http://www.gotobermuda.com/official-visitor-guides

Is there a direct link to these maps? Can I order them from a Bermuda Tourism site?

Dockyard:

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m38/SailBadtheSinner/New_Royal-Naval_Dockyard.jpg

Bermuda Map:

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m38/SailBadtheSinner/Bermuda/route-map-v6copy.jpg

I was having trouble with the direct link, but worked OK when copying and pasting the URL into the browsers address bar.

The Bermuda map would not be available from the Bermuda Tourism site.

Also for my first post, to make the photo larger for easier viewing, sometimes clicking on the post number (located at upper right) will make the photo larger, or put the cursor over the image, right click, and select Copy Image from the drop down menu and then paste it into your photo editing software.

SBtS