Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

It would be great if all cruise lines created a solo cruise pass for solo cruisers. They could have a special coordinator like Norwegian and plan special events, etc. The pass could cost $50 for the entire cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What would the solo cruise pass give you? would it get you in places? would it give you reduced rates at something? I'm confused.

Back to Hawaii on HAL again. Was just there four months ago but fell on Diamond Head and scraped my leg so I had to scrub a lot of other things I had planned (that involved a lot of walking, hiking, climbing). So I have to go back now, don't I? Bummer! :D:D:D

Barcelona Hotel recommendations for solo female. Would like nice, clean and safe area with reasonable rates for Nov. 2017 for my first NCL transatlantic.

By the way great rates for NCL Epic from Barcelona to Port Canerval on Nov. 5-18,2017 for solos. I booked inside for $399.00.:confused:

Barcelona Hotel recommendations for solo female. Would like nice, clean and safe area with reasonable rates for Nov. 2017 for my first NCL transatlantic.

By the way great rates for NCL Epic from Barcelona to Port Canerval on Nov. 5-18,2017 for solos. I booked inside for $399.00.:confused:

I am a female and always sail solo. I stayed at HOTEL PULITZER last month in Barcelona. Clean, good location,

friendly staff. I would recommend it. As for rates, you will just have to check on line........what is reasonable to me

may not be the same for you. I paid 342 Euros for 2 nights which included a lovely buffet breakfast in that price.

Who did you book with? My proposed rate was double what you paid. I saw this rate for each person for an inside which was cheaper than a studio.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If I could get that rate I would do that cruise plus my October transatlantic.

Thank you Lois R, I will check that hotel and that was a good price.

1JazzyLady, I booked directly with NCL. Keep checking. There is a page set up for this cruise on social media. Good luck

Thanks. Enjoy your trip. I booked my October cruise directly with NCL also. I have been testing the site looking for that great rate. It is ok if it doesn't happen, having enough trouble arranging Copenhagen for October.

Gwen

I have a cruise in less than 30 days aboard the Carnival Imagination from October 8th to the 12th to Catalina and Ensenada. This is my first solo cruise and second cruise ever I'm a little bit nervous about going / eating alone and the prospect of being a little more social and outgoing than usual but I also welcome the ability to truly relax and enjoy the trip on my own at my own pace. Something I ddin't get ot enjoy during my first cruise.

I have a cruise in less than 30 days aboard the Carnival Imagination from October 8th to the 12th to Catalina and Ensenada. This is my first solo cruise and second cruise ever I'm a little bit nervous about going / eating alone and the prospect of being a little more social and outgoing than usual but I also welcome the ability to truly relax and enjoy the trip on my own at my own pace. Something I ddin't get ot enjoy during my first cruise.

I leave on Monday (9/11) on my first cruise ever, and I definitely share your concerns. I'm a textbook case introvert, but I do enjoy meeting new people -- I just need to do it in "small doses." I used to travel quite a lot on business, so eating alone isn't as much of an issue. But I kind of want to step out of my comfort zone, so I requested "open seating" (I'm taking Holland America's Amsterdam R/T from Seattle to Alaska for 2 weeks). That gives me the option to eat by myself or be seated with other folks. I've traveled by train a few times, and I enjoyed meeting folks in the dining car over dinner.

And as you pointed out, a solo cruise allows you to set your own schedule and "do your own thing." This is one of the things that attracted me to cruise travel in the first place. So enjoy your trip, on your terms, at your own pace. :)

Lana in Bellingham

I leave on Monday (9/11) on my first cruise ever, and I definitely share your concerns. I'm a textbook case introvert, but I do enjoy meeting new people -- I just need to do it in "small doses." I used to travel quite a lot on business, so eating alone isn't as much of an issue. But I kind of want to step out of my comfort zone, so I requested "open seating" (I'm taking Holland America's Amsterdam R/T from Seattle to Alaska for 2 weeks). That gives me the option to eat by myself or be seated with other folks. I've traveled by train a few times, and I enjoyed meeting folks in the dining car over dinner.

And as you pointed out, a solo cruise allows you to set your own schedule and "do your own thing." This is one of the things that attracted me to cruise travel in the first place. So enjoy your trip, on your terms, at your own pace. :)

Lana in Bellingham

I most certainly will and I hope you enjoy your cruise as well ! The good thing is this is a bit more of a party cruise and I tend to become a lot more extroverted and easygoing once I have a drink so I am hoping for a good atmosphere to just let loose in for a bit. Thank you for your kind words and I'll keep in mind the idea of meeting people in small doses , sounds like a perfect way to sail.

I'm booked on a cruise to Norway on NCL next August, out of Southampton. I booked it while on the Escape, but of course, unlike the Escape, the Jade won't have the solo cabins and lounge. I don't know if I'll have many opportunities to meet people. On the other hand, 7 of the 9 days are port days, so...I'll have something to do either way.

I'm booked on a cruise to Norway on NCL next August, out of Southampton. I booked it while on the Escape, but of course, unlike the Escape, the Jade won't have the solo cabins and lounge. I don't know if I'll have many opportunities to meet people. On the other hand, 7 of the 9 days are port days, so...I'll have something to do either way.

I don't sail NCL but I have opportunities to meet people on every cruise I take......cabin category should not

prevent you from meeting other cruisers:eek:........ In my opinion, meeting other people is very easy.....I would not

let not having a solo cabin prevent that from happening.

My experience on NCL, even the ships without studio cabins or the lounge, is that they host solo meet and greets each night. The ones earlier in the trip are better attended, but it at least gives you a chance to meet people who are also traveling alone.

• 2 weeks later...