AMA Serena Deck plan question

robertmartha

On the Cello deck between cabins 219 and 222 (across from 221) their appears to be a staircase - is that a passenger staircase or a crew staircase inside a crew service area (between the cabins). Concerned about possible noise - have been across from crew service rooms/areas in the past (never on a river ship though) and sometimes they can be noisey arears.

thanks all

I would be interested also. I am booked in 223 on the AmaStella, a cabin behind the space.

I was on AmaCello, near the crew door and I could hear the door make a sqeaking noise, I mentioned it in the morning and by evening it was gone.

• 1 year later...
On 8/20/2017 at 5:23 AM, robertmartha said:

On the Cello deck between cabins 219 and 222 (across from 221) their appears to be a staircase - is that a passenger staircase or a crew staircase inside a crew service area (between the cabins). Concerned about possible noise - have been across from crew service rooms/areas in the past (never on a river ship though) and sometimes they can be noisey arears.

thanks all

What did that space turn out to be? Were there noise issues, or was it not a problem at all?

No168

We ended up booking on Violin Deck in BA Cabins 323 and 324.

No noise what-so-ever throughout the entire sailing.

One piece of advice - would stay away from any cabin next to and or above the small gym on board.

On the Serena it was on Violin deck at the end of the hall and there was a cabin next door - Gym on our sailing though quite small always had people on the machines (treadmills included) so would have to believe there could be some noise from those.

Would sail on another river cruise in a heartbeat - had a fabulous time!

Any questions ask away!

Bob

Hi Bob! Thank you for the info -- much appreciated!

I am currently booked on AmaSerena in 233 (category C - french balcony). I am trying to decide whether to upgrade from my C category to BB, or whether to drop down to D category (great deal for D as a solo traveler). For BB, only 222 and 221 remain, and those stairs "for someone and to somewhere" caught my eye and had me wondering if added noise might be an issue.

I will be working remotely during the trip, so the larger desk surfaces in BB look quite appealing. The larger shower and sink area are also catching my eye. Just not sure those two features are worth the added $2300 (difference between D to BB pricing) for the week. (November Rhine River cruise, so the outdoor balcony holds little appeal to me for that time of year.)

If you have any thoughts about the D vs BB comparison, please feel free to share.

Melissa

7 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

I am booked on AmaStella;  are these boats pretty much the same with cabins.  I believe I am in cabin 215.  Thanks

AmaStella is the first of the latest generation (from 2016); AmaSerena is the last of the previous one (from 2015).  Both are very similar, but 215 on Stella is a BB (210 sf) while 215 on Serena is an AB (235 sf).  Both are completely surrounded by other cabins.

19 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Here is a link to a prior post of mine.  Click on "sleeping quarters for staff"

We were on the AMAViola, so the rooms numbers are off.  The area that I am talking about appears to be the same area as your concern.

That definitely matches the area I was asking about. Thanks for pointing me towards your other post.

Melissa

We sailed Christmas to New Years - so made no use of our balcony to be quite honest.

Even though I was on vacation - I was checking in to work and the desk area in our cabin worked great.

I can tell you the restaurant that houses the chef's table in the evening was always empty during the day and depending on what type of work you do - the lounge was a very comfortable spot to hang out in and you can always bring your laptop with you.

That is a significant price jump to me that you mentioned - but each person needs to weigh their needs in terms of comfort and what will make their sailing as enjoyable and stress free as possible when one has to work during the sailing. Just heard an interesting story on NPR about this same subject - unplugging during vacation and how American's don't! I for one am in that category unfortunately!