Price drops and onboard credit

RNKenzie92

How far out from your cruise do you usually notice price drops that would allow you to apply for the onboard credit? Is it just random? Also, where is the form to fill out? I keep checking the fare viewer, but all the prices are more expensive than what I paid- My cruise is quite some time away, though :)

I booked my 2019 cruise in Jan of this year and a month later price matched. I was able to move up to a Spa Balcony from Balcony (price was same) and got $100 OBC. I found that phoning is better as the one time I sent in the form it gave me the wrong price match. I priced matched in the past for as little as $20 and done it for $200 OBC it was called the Suite sale.

My cruise for 2019 for the same cabin is $20 more when I check the current sale and you get $100 OBC so would be worth it for someone who doesn't already have it as you are then up $80.

You can price match if the room is the same price but there is OBC in this sale.

My cruise for 2019 for the same cabin is $20 more when I check the current sale and you get $100 OBC so would be worth it for someone who doesn't already have it as you are then up $80.

Mine is $40 more for this current sale, so I am tempted to see what I can do to get that $100 OBC (I guess $60 really); I am probably going to drive my TA (outside company not Carnival) crazy by May, but I like to get the best deals I can!

Mine is $40 more for this current sale, so I am tempted to see what I can do to get that $100 OBC (I guess $60 really); I am probably going to drive my TA (outside company not Carnival) crazy by May, but I like to get the best deals I can!

It's $60 OBC in the end to go towards whatever you want. Enjoy:D

I am glad you posted this. I went and looked. My room type for my current cruise is 30$ lower and has 100$ onboard credit to boot. Just submitted the form! So thanks!!!

Can you tell me where I can find the "form" Brooke?

https://www.carnival.com/core/requestforms/priceprotection.aspx is the location for the price protection form. In the past, I would have price drops scattered here & there over a few weeks. Seems it was always closer to 60 days out. My current cruise has only gone up since I booked it. I check daily, though, just in case.